Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

October 2020 Cabin Camp Stories and pictures PLEASE!

I want to live vicariously through the folks that went to cabin camp. Please add pictures and stories of this year’s camp here. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

9 Likes

Man, we had many! I’m excited for folks to post here! Here are a few pics of some guests.

Russ Carson and I playing some Foggy Mountain Special for banjo students. James Tucker has the video on his facebook page if you’re friends with him.
workshop

Kenny Smith, Dennis Parker, and Russ Carson playing the final night’s show!

9 Likes

Wow, what an awesome group.

8 Likes

Wish I could’ve been there! Looks like it was a great time; would have loved to meet Russ and Dennis.

Cool side note… I realized in the first pic, y’all are both playing replicas of J.D.'s banjos… Banger/Twanger (Ben) and Granada/Gold Star (Russ). Actually, that might be a Huber that Ben’s playing; can’t quite tell. Hope there’s video of the band competition and show.

10 Likes

@BanjoBen do you have a link for James Tucker 's FB page?

2 Likes

Yes we need the videos!!!

5 Likes
4 Likes

I’ll get the vid from him and post it

5 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen

4 Likes

Here are a couple, quality is not great–sorry!

13 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

I’ve some videos of Saturday nite that I’ll try to get posted. This one is Clinch Mountain Backstep. Unfortunately I didnt catch the part at the beginning where they (the band) kicked Jake out. Literally made him remove his guitar and get off stage! (Don’t worry, he’ll be back :wink:)

14 Likes

Brilliant!!! bravo two_banjos I know how much Russ likes his cuppa jo gif

3 Likes
14 Likes
13 Likes

Thank you @Simone it’s wonderful that folks like me who can’t get over to the States can at least sample some of the atmosphere of the Cabin Camp. Love the yoyo @Jake and the juggling Katy Lou. The Band was OK too… gif

8 Likes

I’m loving the videos and pics. Thank you all!

Absolutely going to do everything I can to make it next year!

5 Likes

@mike.thomson
You’ll absolutely love camp!!
I’ve got some more videos to post when I get a chance. My videos aren’t great quality (shaky hands, cell video!) but they’ll do :slightly_smiling_face:!!

6 Likes

@Archie
You’re welcome! Glad you are enjoying watching them. Katy Lou was gathering Hickory nuts and juggling them over by where my group was practicing. :thinking: hmmm, maybe if I learn how to juggle my playing will improve?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes
16 Likes