Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

O' come all ye faithful

Hey Ben, I was downloading/saving the banjo tabs and noticed when I clicked on “O’ come all ye faithful”, there is no tab or tef file available? Just figured I’d mention it…(not like i’m ready for it anyway, lol. plenty of other stuff to keep me busy!)

Oh, just another thought that came to mind as I was saving some of the tabs for easy access. Does the site have some sort of security to prevent someone from joining as a “gold pick” member, downloading all the tabs, then end their membership? I’m sure those "really smart people up in Chicago thought of that kind of stuff, but you know how “mullet-dude” says in the tour video…“the intranet can be a scary place, there’s lots of dishonest folks out there!” Hopefully, they got it covered!

Anyway, thanks again for such a great website!

The internet is a scary place, good thing there are people like Ben around to balance it out.
I think Ben has attracted a great group of people to his site. That and Ben’s new lessons will keep people coming back.
jim

— Begin quote from "Banjo Ben"

I’ll get that tab added tomorrow! Thanks for letting me know!

There is nothing keeping someone from doing that…that’s part of the risk I have to take. Hopefully, this site is seen as such a bargain and incredible resource that people will hang out here. The main reason I make it so cheap is so anyone, even on a fixed income, can afford to be a member here just like everyone else.

Are there those that join for one day and download all my tabs then sell them online and send them to all their friends? Yep, there are. Are there enough good folks out there like you that support the site and allow me to do what I do? Yep, there are :slight_smile:

Thank you!

— End quote

I could not sleep at night selling your videos Ben no way . it is hard work and no one has a right to them except the ones that pay for them you give away enough already . and hope you do well enough it can run on auto pilot and fill your account . May God bless this endeavor.

— Begin quote from "jiminkansas"

The internet is a scary place, good thing there are people like Ben around to balance it out.
I think Ben has attracted a great group of people to his site. That and Ben’s new lessons will keep people coming back.
jim

— End quote

Very true, I have also found that as a beginner banjo player the tabs alone are not enough. I tried to learn with free tabs and youtube lessons but didn’t really get anywhere. In one month as a gold pick member I have progressed a lot, even the wife is beginning to find my playing bearable. It’s also helping my 7 yr old son to learn guitar.

As for value for money, in my opinion nothing really comes close to this site, I plan on doing one more single months membership then lifetime membership when the Christmas spending is out of the way. From what I have seen, Ben is putting on new stuff just as fast I can learn the old stuff so i’m thinking i’ll be here for a long time.

— Begin quote from ____

From what I have seen, Ben is putting on new stuff just as fast I can learn the old stuff so i’m thinking i’ll be here for a long time.

— End quote

The longer I hang around here, the further behind I get on learning Ben’s stuff. Learning all the guitar lessons isn’t even a goal for me anymore. I just pick and choose what interests me.