Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Nov 2021 TX Farm Camp

So, there were 6 random bands drawn at this camp. The band that I was in was such a great group of people and we had alot of fun. We also were blessed to have Charlie Belle in our band :slightly_smiling_face:! She is awesome!

Here’s our band “Whataburger #4” HAWT!

And here’s our performance, hope yall enjoy:

11 Likes

Wow great video @Simone Charlie Belle sure stole the show though. A chip off the old block ain’t she just.

5 Likes

Wow @Simone, looks like you are just having a blast. I keep promising myself that one day i WILL go to Cabin Camp. Hopefully it happens.

5 Likes

Great band performance…thanks for sharing this video!

3 Likes

Ha!! I have really pretty feet…

5 Likes

@Dragonslayer “pretty feet guy”, :rofl:, wanted to say Thank you for playing the bass for W.A.B.#4 Saturday nite. Somehow I neglected :confounded: to say that before…

3 Likes

You know, at 1st, she was like “aw, I don’t know…” regarding playing or singing some of the parts. She’d never played blue moon before, we told her not to worry she didn’t have to sing or play on that one if she didn’t want to. During practice we went thru it a bunch of times, on the fast part we’d call out the chords as we were playing. Heck not only did she decide to sing, (& sing well), she picked & sang which is something I/lots of folks can barely do!! We were all so proud of her :slightly_smiling_face:!

Oh we all did, it was great! I’m hoping you get to go to a camp as well, you’ll love it :crossed_fingers:!!

Thank you @Stuart.Gamble!

7 Likes

First time I had every thrown a hatchet and was tickled when I hit the bullseye a few times, even though it never stuck! Was proud that yours did!!! Thanks to Mark for good instructions!!

3 Likes

Simone, Could upload Band 3 to YouTube? I have seen a partial video of one of the songs but not the other. I am assuming that Ben will send us a link to the video of the evening like he has before, but it might be awhile , and I want to show the grandkids!

4 Likes

My pleasure!!

3 Likes

@yellowrosefiddler - Carol - sure thing! I’d be happy to upload it!! Would you like it posted here, or sent via PM, or both? Also, what was your band’s name so I can title the video? Thanks!

Simone, I don’t remember the exact name because it was changed a few times before we went on, and it was very long! . And the link can be posted here if you want. I don’t think any of the other band members would mind. If the intro is on the video maybe then we will have it, otherwise someone in the band will have to see these posts and let us know!!! I just know we were the third band to go on.

1 Like

@yellowrosefiddler
I should be able to get it posted here this evening, not at home right now. The song with the Eagles tune might get the kibosh on YouTube, Eagles tunes are notorious for strict copyright issues but we’re gonna try it anyway!! Yall did such a great job!! :slightly_smiling_face::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Here you go Carol @yellowrosefiddler, Band #3,
I was able to get the official band name from the awesome @aliciabowman (Thanx!:grin:),
“Allie Cat & the Brazos Bottom Bluebonnet Bluegrass Band”

6 Likes

Thanks for posting Simone. I messed up my chords on Amazing Grace solo but everybody else did fine. It was fun to watch all the bands!

2 Likes

Hi Guy’s that was really great, I have never heard that melody set to Amazing Grace before and it all came together very well. Worried Man Blues is one of my favourites. My jam buddies always play it as a warmup at our jam sessions as it breaks the ice and motivates the group to play & sing right off the bat. Look forward to seeing other bands post their videos. I know @BanjoBen & all the other teaching staff are proud of y’all and as a fellow student I applaud you too. applaud

5 Likes

Hey Simone. Finally made it back home. Could you send the video of band 5? I don’t know what our name was…lol. it sure was good seeing all y’all. I’ll be at the al banjo camp in April…

2 Likes

@dggrubbs
Glad yall made it home safe! I’d be happy to upload band #5. Since you guys were on stage right before the band I was in, (#6), unfortunately I have video of your songs, but missed your absolutely awesome “story” :grin: you told before the playing as I was outside tuning up. Yall did a great job! Did you want the video posted here and/or a PM? Was great to see you again! I’ll miss the spring camps as our youngest son is due to graduate college this spring. Due to virtual classes & canceled classes last year, he did grad high school last spring, but college had to wait till 2022. There’s just some courses that can’t be done virtually, they need hands on…

2 Likes

Simone, thank you. You can just send it to me if you don’t mind. May be a good thing my opening wasn’t recorded…lol
Let me know the next time you go. Maybe we can get in the same band again…

3 Likes

@dggrubbs
:+1: will do! You should get it by tonight/tomorrow.
Man, I was laughing out there on the ‘porch’ tuning up, that was funny! Yes, will definitely let ya know. Say “Hello” to Lisa :slightly_smiling_face:!

2 Likes