Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Nov 2021 TX Farm Camp

Just received a group photo of the Texas Cabin Camp in my latest mailing from @BanjoBen quite a crowd I recognized @Simone & @Dragonslayer who else attended who is active on the forum?

3 Likes

I was there! (But whether I am “active” on the forum is up for debate!)

4 Likes

Hey Archie, I was there . It was a great camp! This was my second camp to attend. Went to one in TN last year.

5 Likes

It was good to meet you Simone. Thanks for all your help in mandolin class. Hope to see you again sometime!!!

4 Likes

Great to meet (& pick with) you as well Carol @yellowrosefiddler! Wish we’d have taken a photo together!! Carol was my chair neighbor in the mandolin class, on my other side was @Mark_Rocka.

3 Likes

Attn all TX campers:
I have cell phone videos of all the bands. If you would like me to upload your band to YouTube (as an “unlisted/not public” video) I’ll be happy to to do so - just plz let me know your band # and name. I can post it here on this thread/send you the link & you’re welcome to share it as you wish. Unfortunately my band’s video is currently in husband’s phone with him at work… so may be a day or so before I get that. Mind you, these are just cell videos and may be a bit shaky & crooked as I was recording them standing in the back w a mandolin around my neck… :grin:

3 Likes

Entrance to the farm

5 Likes

Some of the residents

4 Likes

Anyone else have TX camp photos they wanna share? You’re welcome to post them in this thread…

2 Likes

The barn to the left is where we ate meals, under the overhang. The barn to the right was the Party Barn where we had group instruction, and the concerts were held there as well. The bonfire :fire: pit is to the far right (smoke rising). Somehow I did not manage to get a pic of the building the guitar class was held in or the mandolin & general store areas. These areas also doubled as jam areas and such.

6 Likes

Thank you @Simone

1 Like

It was so nice seeing so many familiar faces. Who knew Cabin Camp would start feeling like a family reunion (with family I actually like…)?

4 Likes

So, at camp they had a hatchet throwing competition… it was hosted by @Mark_Rocka during break times & campers got 4 throws a day to try & stick the hatchet into the bullseye :dart:. A bullseye meant your name was in the prize drawing… I never ever thought I’d stick one, (yes I’m proud to say the above is my (only) bullseye!), Let alone totally enjoy it!

9 Likes

Screenshot_20211107-162715_Gallery

Heres a photo of Gunnar @Dragonslayer and I …

11 Likes

5 Likes

The Brisket Ben & Co prepared & served on Saturday nite was Mighty Fine!

8 Likes

So, there were 6 random bands drawn at this camp. The band that I was in was such a great group of people and we had alot of fun. We also were blessed to have Charlie Belle in our band :slightly_smiling_face:! She is awesome!

Here’s our band “Whataburger #4” HAWT!

And here’s our performance, hope yall enjoy:

11 Likes

Wow great video @Simone Charlie Belle sure stole the show though. A chip off the old block ain’t she just.

5 Likes

Wow @Simone, looks like you are just having a blast. I keep promising myself that one day i WILL go to Cabin Camp. Hopefully it happens.

5 Likes

Great band performance…thanks for sharing this video!

3 Likes