Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Not having the ability

Gales in Texas !

1 Like

Good job Raymond, Do you always practice in the dark ?

1 Like

@Archie hahah! Good observation. And yes , most of my practice session does happen in the dark , but not for any particular reason. Usually practicing is what I do to end my day , which happens at around 5pm or later : )

New Tune under my fingers : )

3 Likes

Great job! It’s coming right along

Just one comment…
The form of this tune (like many fiddle tunes) is usually AABB, with each part being twice what you played.

1 Like

Thank you @fiddle_wood ! : )

Ah yes! That’s actually the way I practice it. In the AABB form. But when I record myself practicing, I get nervous, so I play just AB, so that I don’t get that nervous… I get half nervous hahah! I found a jamming track to this song , so I’ll probably be posting the whole song soon . I just need to get used to recording myself.

haha…I can see your point!
I like the longer format 'cause it gives me two chances to through a part once correctly…

That’s true ! And you also get to ‘savor’ the tune a lot longer hahah. I’ll post another version with the jam track that I downloaded. Stay tuned !

1 Like

Very nice. You are letting those notes ring (this is a good thing!)

1 Like

Here it is guys , as promised :slight_smile:

I got a little ahead of the backing track at one point , but that’s because it was difficult for me to hear it since I didn’t have my headphones plugged in :grimacing: hope y’all enjoy . This is a fun tune to play .

3 Likes

Another one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice and clean! That’s some good picking!

1 Like

@Mark_Rocka thanks so much :slight_smile: I’ve been working on it for the last week . Now I gotta make it dance with some tempo

Pretty clean and sounding great. Keep on the path you’re going on there!

1 Like

@Deere_Crossing awe thanks so much for the encouragement :slight_smile: !