Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Newbe here

Hi all Im a newbe here on the forum. Started playing the banjo only a about 6 months ago and started with a few lessons as long as I could afford them. found this site and for $5/month this is my new home. I did get lazy over the last couple months but a leg injury has put me out of work for a bit so what better time then the present!!

Welcome to the site, rabidhunter! Ben will have you playin’ that banjer in no time.

Always happy to say welcome to a fellow student of the banjo. Have fun!

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes. I can play cripple creek (badly) so i have started with bens begginer vids right from lesson one. I have been through the rolls and thats the first thing i do before i do anything else is run through those. I did the theory this morning and will have to run through that a bunch befor moving on to the next step i guess cause im lost. How long does ben keep these vids up? Guesa im asking how long i have…lol

Once Ben puts up a video or tab it stays on the site so far.

You might use the theory section as something to watch in between playing what you are currently practicing, as in watching one of the theory vids when your hand gets tired or you get cramped up. It makes for a learning rest period during your regular practice. This way instead of feeling you aren’t accomplishing something during a break, you are still learning music and letting your hands recuperate at the same time.

— Begin quote from "rabidhunter66"

How long does ben keep these vids up? Guesa im asking how long i have…lol

— End quote

As long as you are a member, you have 24/7 access to everything he has ever done. You also have access to all the guitar and mando stuff too. Unbelievable value here. I’ve been a member for going on 2 years and I haven’t even come close to learning all of just his guitar stuff. And, he keeps adding to it!

Fiddle that soumds like a plan! TNT thanks for the info. I will be paying the lifetime fee for this! Should have done that in the firat place.

— Begin quote from "rabidhunter66"

Thanks for the welcomes. I can play cripple creek (badly) so i have started with bens begginer vids right from lesson one. I have been through the rolls and thats the first thing i do before i do anything else is run through those. I did the theory this morning and will have to run through that a bunch befor moving on to the next step i guess cause im lost. How long does ben keep these vids up? Guesa im asking how long i have…lol

— End quote

I have been playing banjo now for about 2 years and I have a long way to go. When I practice I try to get in a good workout of various rolls, chord changes, scales, and a song or two. Or at least some combination of that.

The theory is great and I would highly recommend studying it until you understand it. There are some other great theory lessons out there on youtube also.

I am also a newbe here, absolutley love the site. I have been playing guiatr for about 12 years, not bluegrass style though, trying to pick up licks as i can with it. However, I picked up a banjo about 6 years ago to try it (Rouge B30), why I put it down I do not know, I picked it back up, changed the strings, cleaned her up and I cannot put it down and this time I am here to stay. I joined and have been watching the beginner vids for about a month now, progressing through Cripple Creek, Joy to the world, and Rockytop. Ben is a great instructor!

Keep on pickin!!

Hi from another “newbie” great site you have joined keep learning and having fun

Welcome guy! :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from "holleyc"

I am also a newbe here, absolutley love the site. I have been playing guiatr for about 12 years, not bluegrass style though, trying to pick up licks as i can with it. However, I picked up a banjo about 6 years ago to try it (Rouge B30), why I put it down I do not know, I picked it back up, changed the strings, cleaned her up and I cannot put it down and this time I am here to stay. I joined and have been watching the beginner vids for about a month now, progressing through Cripple Creek, Joy to the world, and Rockytop. Ben is a great instructor!

Keep on pickin!!

— End quote

Yep, it’s addictive. Similar story here, I got a banjo then put it down for years and picked it back up about 2 1/2 years ago. I love it!

Thanks all for the welcomes! Just to confirm my excietement I went ahead and upgraded to a Fender FB-58 this week…what a difference!!! :slight_smile:

just wanted to wecome all the new fellas on the block! i’ve been a member for a little over a year ,haven’t even scratched the surface of all ben’s got to teach.i had just got my banjo when with luck and the grace of god i found this site.i love it! i’ve just got a mando that i borrowed from a friend and now i’m trying to fit that in as well as banjo and guitar.it looks like i’ll be here for quite a while :smiley: anyway welcome aboard!

— Begin quote from "mswhat"

— Begin quote from "holleyc"

Keep on pickin!!

— End quote

Yep, it’s addictive. Similar story here, I got a banjo then put it down for years and picked it back up about 2 1/2 years ago. I love it!

— End quote

Love your Bama Banjo. Roll tide!! You live here in Alabama?

Just joined, Lifetime, I am overwelmed with all the awesome stuff, and by the christian influence to boot!! Praise God for this site, and of course BanjoBen, love ya brother!!! :smiley: I feel like a kid in a candy store!!! Just starting the banjo, am sooo lucky to find this site!!! Here goes everything!! :smiley:

Just joined, Lifetime, I am overwelmed with all the awesome stuff, and by the christian influence to boot!! Praise God for this site, and of course BanjoBen, love ya brother!!! :smiley: I feel like a kid in a candy store!!! Just starting the banjo, am sooo lucky to find this site!!! Here goes everything!! :smiley: