Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Hello.
Just joined not long ago and thought I would come introduce myself.
I am 18 years old, I originally started playing a Bouzouki over 3 years ago. About a year ago I traded a guitar for a mandolin. Since I was used to the bigger frets of a Bouzouki,transferring to a mandolin was quite easy. Unfortunately I did not have much training far past beginner, and playing by ear just never really worked for me. So I am on here trying to learn more. And I can already see a difference in my playing.
I can also semi-play the Bass, banjo, fiddle, and I have messed around with a guitar and Dobro.

I have quite a “passion” for music. I love to sing and play! But that does NOT mean I can do ether very well.

Anyhow, I can’t wait to meet everyone here.
~Taith

Welcome to the family Taith!

It’s good to know there are young folks interested in these instruments and music. We all have the same goal: To improve our skills and enjoy our passion for music. You will learn alot here if you set your mind to it. Ben’s a great teacher and others are more than willing to help out as well.

J.W.

Hello Taith, welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, give opinions, or just rant in general. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here. By the way, where are you from?

Welcome Taith!

— Begin quote from "Bulldog"

Hello Taith, welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, give opinions, or just rant in general. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here. By the way, where are you from?

— End quote

I will probably ask about many things in the future, and its always nice to know that people will help.

I am from Hickman County in Tennessee. I was originally born in Texas, but I have grown up here.