Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New guitar player here

Don’t know if this is the correct place to post this but here goes.
New to the site. I’m checking it out and so far I like what I see. I figured the forum would be a good place to look around and see what I’m getting into.
I’ve started playing last March and so far it’s a lot of frustrating fun! I am 59 years of age and have always wanted to play the guitar but never took the time to learn. Currently working on Black Mountain Rag (using Ben’s lesson) and I’m about 12 Bars into it. My user name (Badshot) is a hold over from my SAS days. That’s Single Action Shooting for those that are unfamiliar.
Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Regards,
Badshot

First off , Welcome to the forum and Banjo Ben’'s lessons. Black mountain rag is a pretty fast one . I like it also . If you have a question ask someone will answer you . and this is the nicest forum I have ever been on . so learn and enjoy . welcome again.

Hello badshot good to have you join us. If you’re like most of us you’ll find Ben’s video lessons to be extremely helpful not to mention entertaining. He’s just a super nice guy with a great personality. Hope you chime in plenty here on the forum. Opinions and advice about all things bluegrass are welcome and appreciated! By the way where are you located? You never know, you might be neighbors with another member.

I’m in Northern California, specifically the Santa Rosa area.

Welcome to the forum!

I won’t be able to answer any of your guitar questions, but I’ll chime in and say that this is a wonderful forum to be a part of, and Ben’s lessons are top of the line.

Those guitars just have too many strings…

From my perspective, Welcome. I think you deserve at least a few atta boys for finally getting around to learning to play. I suspect that takes a real determination. I am a member of Desert Bluegrass Association here in Tucson and I know quite a few fresh starters and restarters. We have a lot of fun.

Welcome to the forum!!! We love positive, upbeat support for each other.
Please continue to share. It’s not a race, it’s a journey. We’re delighted to have you along!!

Hello badshot and everyone, new here as well. 'Shot Im like you in that I bought my first guitar almost 2 years ago. Ive pretty much stuck with buying this song book, that song book, different videos and such. Bens videos, tabs, backing tracks and approach to teaching have helped my flat picking tremendously. It was non existent before and limited to strumming chords or trying out a song on rocksmith. Now, I can actually play some of the songs he has up with the slowest backing tracks, which is huge for me. As far as starting later in life, what a great time to do it! So many resources online and forums like this for help.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I’m happy to be here.