Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Need help learning a new gospel song

If you got tabs for me it would be for a solo, which would be harder than what @Mark_Rocka played in his rhythm. I have only done build-a-break tabs for solos.

I doubt it. Now, it may be true that you can’t yet do the walks between chords, play embellishments and sing all at once, but don’t start there. Start with simple strumming and singing through the first few chords. G “I’ve been held by the” C “savior.” If all you can do is this, it could be a good sounding performance (assuming you play the rest of the song). If you want more, maybe try to do the GTR as a basic boom chick chick (root note, tickle the higher strings, tickle again). Start very basic. Get it sounding good. Add from there if desired.

Sorry, just a silly distraction. I was just saying some folks can get more than 6 notes out of a guitar simultaneously by using harmonics while retaining the fretted (fundamental) notes.

1 Like

Someone could tab it out for you, but you really have everything you need. Mark’s video shows you (and lets you hear) the various walks and embellishments he used. Learning to find those notes and “build the break” for yourself is a skill that we all need to develop. Give it a try! I bet you surprise yourself.

1 Like