Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Name change request

Can someone tell me how to change my user name for some reason when I signed up for the free membership it put the email as my user name even though I used my real name as my user name can someone tell me if there is a way to switch my user name as I have nothing to hide LOL

My actual name is Don Smith not taxwomn

2 Likes

Go to

click “Amin” if it is on the right. then edit username.

or go to your 'preferences" and try that.

I tried it for you and it may show up in a while or might not depending on permissions.

Dave

3 Likes

on my end there is no edit anything or for that mater an ADMIN

1 Like

did you check under “preferences” in your profile?

It may be @BanjoBen will have to change it for you.

3 Likes

I have looked everywhere in my account when you click on MY ACCOUNT it does have an edit but when it opens all it does is to allow me to put an avatar in nothing else there is no preference button on my end anywhere

1 Like

Now that is really weird I finally got it but it was not the way you were trying to explain it LOL

When you click on My ACCOUNT and then click the edit feature there is a box that you have to put a nick name in that was blank I just put my name in and clicked save changes and it changed it

1 Like

Thank you Fiddle_wood for your help, that was almost as tough as trying to learn to play the Mandolin LOL

3 Likes

Thank You Don just done mine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Glad you got it squared away!
Sorry about the inadequate directions…haven’t been through that area for quite some time & took for granted the “edit” would be more obvious than it was.

Dave

3 Likes

no big deal again thank you for your assistance in the matter
Now if I can figure out how to quote a post LOL

1 Like

If you highlight what you want to quote, a little grey box that says "Quote should pop up next to the highlighted phrase.
when you click on the box it would start a new reply for you with the quote already included.

1 Like

Pardon my laughter, :rofl::rofl::rofl: but “taxwomn” made my imagination go to funny places.
Computers do peculiar things, as you know.
Now that it’s out of my system, I thought I’d take a look at My Account and check the profile information.
How peculiar. It still shows an old profile photo (no dog!) and a discarded nickname.
So instead of being able to offer help, all I can say is good luck and “sorry for the inconvenience.”

1 Like

Dang that was so easy it was hard LOL

1 Like

Thanks again Fiddle_wood you seem to always be on the ball LOL

Yes that email is my wife’s but we both use it she was a tax preparer and worked for the IRS a long time back as an auditor until she got tired of their crap and went into business for herself dealing with their crap for others she was Diagnosed with Dementia a few years back and now I stay home with her and serenade her with my terrible attempts at playing the Mandolin but it makes her smile so that is all I care about trying to make her comfortable and always smiling it keeps me sane as Dementia is a terrible disease not only for the person with it but for those around that person

1 Like

Was going to click like Don but not the right sentiment I wish you well!

Thank You

Sorry to hear of your wife’s condition Don…I just got off the phone with an old band leader of mine who is in the same situation. He only leaves the house for a couple hours every week or so to get supplies, when someone else can stay there, otherwise he is full time there for his wife for about 8 years now.

Coincidentally his last name is Smith also… He turned 83 this year.

2 Likes

Do not believe it has anything to do with last names
My wife was diagnosed in 2011 I take her everywhere with me because I just do not trust anyone else to take care of her like i do I have read to many horror stories about the way others abuse people in that situation and just cant leave her with anyone else and believe it or not relatives are the worse abusers I try to make it an adventure for her and myself when we go places

Good that she’s not bedridden then like my friend.
She even forgets how to swallow sometimes at meal time.
My heart goes out to anyone having to deal with this.

1 Like