Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

My Christmas Video for 2020

I’m a Texan living in Nashville. Like all other Texans in TN, we miss Texas…and Whataburger is one of those things that remind us of home. So, imagine my excitement when they announced they’re opening a Nashville location…only 9 minutes from my home!

So, I thought I’d have a little fun and I cut my hair in a mullet and shaved a Texas and Whataburger logo on the sides. I did a silly photo shoot in a Whataburger in Texas over Thanksgiving. I released a photo, it was memed, and now has been shared in various locations literally millions of times. Whataburger contacted me and sent me a box full of WB swag.

I took that swag, wrote a script, and wrapped my Christmas video lesson all into one. Check it out, let me know what you think, and I’ll be releasing the banjo/guitar lessons soon:

22 Likes

I think Chick-fil-a deserves better treatment, but otherwise I love it!!

11 Likes

Glad to see nothing has changed :joy::+1:Really enjoyed it @BanjoBen!! Can’t wait for banjo lesson!

7 Likes

Hey, they were given credit for catering!

That’s some high level swag… boots AND an ugly sweater. I’m impressed.

I am surprised to see WB making it to BNA. They used to be pretty protective of their range. I hope you get a real good one up there!

7 Likes

Is that Hannah got a new job at Chick-Fil-A ?

So it doesn’t say a lot for Chick-Fil-A when you discard there meals on the parkin lot.

5 Likes

that was great! Very entertaining. That banjo lesson is gonna be fun.

4 Likes

Personally I like Chick-Fil-A, but apparently Whataburger and In-N-Out are not fans. You’ll have to ask them.

7 Likes

Love it!!! So good!! :cowboy_hat_face::+1:

1 Like

Wouldn’t the message have had more ding if you had discarded an In-N-Out burger. Great movie. I guess Whataburger will want to screen this on Nashville TV

1 Like

Five guys with Cajun fries… extra crispy extra Cajun !!! don’t forget the Jalapenos!!! Just sayin. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You see, the point is that two bitter rivals unite in a brief moment of dissatisfaction toward a mutual competitor. See? Isn’t that funny? Anyone? haha, funny, right?

16 Likes

Five Guys is excellent!

7 Likes

Great video editing and quality! (What, no Culver’s?) :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

That was awesome. Well done my friend.

1 Like

I like Chick-fil-A but was more disappointed with the A&M sticker. As a Browns and Seahawks fan we argue about who the real 12th man is, and here in Cleveland we’ll never forgive you for Johnny Manziel ha.

Mmmmmmmmmm,

Now you’re talkin! And their Concrete Mixers!

You know it’s going to be good when they have to double bag your order just to keep the grease from soaking thru!

2 Likes

I guess, but couldn’t it have been burger king? Jk, lol :joy::joy:

3 Likes

There was a Burger King right down the road. Know why I chose Chick? Because it would create backlash just like this!

6 Likes

Unless your 12th Man tradition predates 1921, I think we own it :wink: And doesn’t Myles redeem us a bit?!

1 Like

Oh, I forgot, but another big reason I chose Chick was b/c they don’t serve burgers. These two burger giants can’t imagine a place that wouldn’t serve burgers. No burgers?! You kiddin’ me?!

6 Likes