Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Mike's Banjo Mute

Hey Folks I just had to share an item I just purchased which I think is awesome.

Mike’s Banjo Mute from www.mikesbanjomute.com will make you a better player. Not many folks will read far into a review so I had to start with the whole story. I’m not kidding here. I love a loud banjo but guess what? Nobody else in my house does. Years of hearing, “Quiet!” “Shush!” “That’s too loud!” really puts a damper on your ability to practice. I’ve had this mute for 2 days now. I’ve practiced more in the last couple of days then I have in the last month. What makes you a better banjo player? Practice! and that’s what I can now do without hearing the complaints. This mute gives a soft sweet sound to your banjo. It lets you hear what you’re playing without getting in dutch with the wife. Thank you so much Mike! 100% recommend to buy.

Spam?

Maybe, but at least it’s on a relevant topic. We’ve had some really bizarre spam here from time to time.

The avatar certainly got my attention. Makes me feel naughty.

When I saw this one I debated… I came to the conclusion that JohnO seemed to be a real human being as opposed to a spambot. He hasn’t made another post since then.

It is an interesting avatar. Reminds me a bit of WWII aircraft nose art. I just asked my wife about the avatar… she said the avatar is not offensive to her. Good enough for me. In a very loosely related topic… her Dad (Larry) met some of the models from myBombshells.com (they do calendars and promos) at a convention. Larry is not exactly a wild-man. My wife took some pictures of them together and Larry looks like an embarrassed 14 year old, even though the girls are normally and fully dressed. I thought his reaction was cute.

— Begin quote from ____

When I saw this one I debated… I came to the conclusion that JohnO seemed to be a real human being as opposed to a spambot.

— End quote

Exactly what I thought, too.

Guess you can’t embarrass your father-in-law further by posting the pic then, can you?

I’ll see if I can dig one up :smiley:

HUMPH! so you buy a mute for your instrument instead of learning the control to play it at a lower volume?

Probably purchased primarily by the spouse of the picker.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

— Begin quote from "ldpayton"

Probably purchased primarily by the spouse of the picker.

— End quote

Funny you should say that. My wife bought me one.

I thought it was a ridiculous gag gift at first, but it’s come in quite handy when the kids are sleeping and I’m pickin’. I work the night shift, so oftentimes I’m up late on the weekends because my clock is all screwed up, so I stay awake and pick. I actually use it quite a bit.

If those kids or momma was to wake up… Well, I’d ask that you folks make sure I’m buried beneath the willow tree on the south 40.

It’s rough being a banjo picker. I play guitar half the night and my wife never knows.

It just got a little rougher. I got a job in the oil field and we now live in a travel trailer.

Slim pickin’s.

At least it’s warm enough to play outside… for now.