Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Merry Christmas Everyone!

My son, wife and I were recording this tune “Baby Born in Bethlehem” yesterday and decided to try to get a family photo with our 11 month old poodle. The poodle (Moose) was a handful to get calmed down and I was running back and forth to set the 10 second timer on the camera… you get the picture. And if you don’t, watch the video and I think you will get a better understanding.

Merry Christmas!

[video]http://youtu.be/2DzNWgDKRE8[/video]

That is a lovely song, a lovely family and a lovely first Christmas photo with Moose!

Was the blue note near the end of the solo a shout out to the bluegrassers of the world? :smiley:

Merry Christmas to you as well! I hope you all have a safe, warm and blessed Christmas. It looks like you all already have a head start on that just by being together.

Great video DR! I don’t know if you have other children or not, but that looks alot like my family (me, my wife and a twenty year old son). Looks like you had a good time making the video.

Are you sure your dog isn’t a curly haired black labrador? That’s one big poodle.

Merry Christmas to you and your family too and to everyone here on Ben’s site. God Bless all.

Jeff

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

Was the blue note near the end of the solo a shout out to the bluegrassers of the world? :smiley:

— End quote

That’s very funny and very perceptive… in fact, it was. I was going to add a few more blue notes, but the sound was a little too much so I stuck with the b3 at the end of the solo as a “tap on the shoulder” of bluegrass.

— Begin quote from "jwpropane"

Are you sure your dog isn’t a curly haired black labrador? That’s one big poodle.

— End quote

James is our only child, (and a good one at that), he turned 16 recently. Moose is a standard poodle. He is pretty close to average for a standard male (55ish pounds). Our last male poodle was larger at 65 pounds and Moose’s dad was close to 80 pounds!

Take care all,

Mike

Merry Christmas everybody! Hope y’all have a good one!

Enjoyed the video, Doc!

http://s596.photobucket.com/user/90RCnTN/media/tree13007_zps4044c61e.jpg.htmlhttp://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt45/90RCnTN/tree13007_zps4044c61e.jpg

Nice picture Shawn! Looks like you have all you need for making some good Christmas music. I just back from our candlelight Christmas Eve (duh) service and I played your Marquis’s long lost sister (my D18 sunburst). I love getting her out anytime we can do an acoustic set. We had a violinist play with us who is very talented. I think she is 17. She has progressed incredibly in the few years I have played with her. My drummer was trying to hide it, but was bummed about us doing an acoustic set so I got a cajon for him to percuss upon. Everybody was happy.

I woke up this morning with “Baby born in Bethlehem” running through my head. I’ve listened to it 4 or 5 times, and I really enjoy it. Thanks again for posting!

Yep, Merry Christmas Everyone!

Good Job Doc!

Sorry about being absent lately fellas. Momma and I have been strung out with the holidays and such, and outside of that we have been looking to purchase a “mini-farm”. We’ve pretty much lived 100% debt free for the past 5 years and the thought of taking out a mortgage in the 7-figure range has had me acting a bit loony lately…especially since the kids want to also add a horse or so into the equation (man talk about a bad investment).

Sure they are not making any more dirt, however how much is that dirt really worth…especially since I am not a farmer nor really want to be!

Hope y’all got some “cool guitar stuff” for Christmas. The kids got me tickets to go see Yonder Mt String Band here in Nashville on the 4th of January!

Mike, you need to let that drummer test drive that big D-18 to get a whole new appreciation just how awesome an acoustic can be. Glad y’all had a good service and got a little pickin’ in.

Great Video and wonderful family and music! I don’t have anything much to post just me and the wife here at home for the day but Merry Christmas to you all!!! Our Christmas present is a 4mo. old Goldendoodle puppy we just got three days ago. Lots of excitement here for sure. Jerry

Congratulations on the new dog Jerry and merry Christmas!

That’s real nice, doc. Wish I could learn to sing harmony like that.