Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Martin custom X series!

Hello, I have one quick question: Are martin custom X series good guitars? for the price?

Thanks, :star_struck:

Honestly I don’t know, haven’t played one!

Have you ever played a D45?

Those sound so AMAZING!!!

For low budget, Yamaha seems to have nice sounding guitars!

The fact that someone dare to compare Yamaha 830 with Martin D28 has to tell something.

I had one once. I wasn’t too unpressed with it. The HPL top and sides just didn’t sound anything like solid wood. I’d rather have a Recording King that’s actually solid wood for less money.

https://store.banjobenclark.com/products/recording-king-rd-318-dreadnought-acoustic-guitar

2 Likes

I like recording king!!! Do they make any Left handed?

Recording King Tonewood Reserve series guitars are FABULOUS, not “for the money”, just fabulous. Either SOLID mahogany or rosewood body with ADIRONDACK 30 year old spruce top, bone nut and saddle, and fine workmanship. It’s hard to find anything to touch them without spending 4 times the price. Ask Jake at the store. I wouldn’t consider a “low end” Martin when judged against one of these. Don’t know whether they make lefties.

2 Likes

By the way, a mahogany RD-318 from Recording King retails for $599, a rosewood RD-328 for $799, new prices, with some deals to be found. These are “dreads”. RO-‘s with the same designations are OM size and are priced the same. And no, I don’t sell guitars. I’m a retired doctor who just loves these instruments. I also own Martins, a Santa Cruz, a Bourgeois, a Collings, a Larrivee, a Guild, an Epiphone, and a Taylor, so I do know what a quality instrument looks, feels, and sounds like. Just sayin’. No ax to grind.

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i never knew recording king made such high quality but, “LOW BUDGET GUITARS”!!! I’ll ask Jake if they make left handed version.:sunglasses::raised_back_of_hand::wave:

2 Likes