Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Mansfield Ohio Festival

Just found out I’m going to be at the Helping Families With Cancer Bluegrass Festival in Ohio next month. Thought it might be a good chance to meet some midwestern Banjo Ben members if any of you Ohio people are going to be there.

[attachment=0]Cancer_benefit.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for the heads up Larry. Unfortunately that one is too many miles for me. I’ve seen Marty Raybon several times down here though. Ought to be good.

By the way, you didn’t move up north did you?

I’m still down in Florida, but things just fell into place for me to make the Ohio festival. Definitely not a show I would normally be able to make. That’s why I thought it might be a good chance to meet some new folks.

I agree that Marty is great. Hard to top his incredible voice. I’m pretty excited to see Dave Evans too. He doesn’t seem to make it down south much.

Looks like the entertainment will be top notch, it is not that far for me but I am not able to travel very far. The heart is old and wore out and the lungs are going fast would love to go . Trying to find a guitar friend here close but so far I have had no luck . haven’t tried that hard either so I am at fault also . Back when we had a small band it was hard to get every one together for practice and it is no different today no one wants to spend the time.

Hey Welder I’d sure pick guitars with you but unfortunately it’d take about a 650 mile trip for me! :cry:

I thought you were one of the Ohio members, welder. Too bad we won’t have a chance to get together.

Yep stuck here in Ohio and wanted to move back to Tenn. but never got the chance . I thank both of you for saying you would play guitar with me , you would not miss much but I would think I could learn a lot from either one of you . have a great time at the festival , it is for a good cause also . I am happy with playing by myself I just think two guitars sound so good and nothing I feel can beat it for a wholesome sound.

— Begin quote from "ldpayton"

Thought it might be a good chance to meet some midwestern Banjo Ben members if any of you Ohio people are going to be there.

— End quote

Larry,

I wish I could make it to that but I’m being dragged to a wedding that weekend. :unamused: Believe me, I’d much, much rather be at the festival. Will you be there Friday evening? If I have time , I may try to go then, but it’s about 2 1/2 hours from home which may not work. Thanks for posting that.

— Begin quote from "welder4"

Trying to find a guitar friend here close but so far I have had no luck .

— End quote

Welder,

I’d be glad to pick with you sometime. You’re only a little over an hour from me. When I get into my slow season (around October), I’ll try to make a point to get down your way. I don’t have anyone up here either. Like you said, everyone’s just too busy it seems.

BTW, if the happy couple breaks up for someone reason before September, I just might see you there Larry!

— Begin quote from "jwpropane"

When I get into my slow season (around October), I’ll try to make a point to get down your way.

— End quote

If you all are game, post when and where you are getting together on here. Maybe a few more could make it.

— Begin quote from ____

Will you be there Friday evening?

— End quote

I will, indeed. If the wedding falls apart, come on over.

I just hope you won’t be disappointed but you are welcomed to come and we will try and do something we both know. You will get fed if nothing else LOL . Let me know when it is you can come down .

:smiley: I have recovered but not totally .

Wish i could make it down Larry. Please say HI to my Buds for me…Harbourtown and Isaak Smith (fiddle for Marty R.)

— Begin quote from "welder4"

I just hope you won’t be disappointed but you are welcomed to come and we will try and do something we both know. You will get fed if nothing else LOL . Let me know when it is you can come down .

— End quote

I would never be disappointed! It’s all about having a common interest, which we all have here on this site. I’m looking forward to my slow season and I’ll let you know when I can make it down your way. You may be the one disappointed! The getting fed part sounds especially good :slight_smile: .

watch your email and I will send my phone number , I had a real problem but have worked it out for the worst part

Back home from Mansfield with my ears still ringing. Man, there are some good regional bands in the Ohio area. I got turned on to a lot of fine performers. Only drawback was that Marty Raybon didn’t make it due to a scheduling conflict.

Getting ready to head out the the Hillside Festival in Cochran, GA next week. If any of you will be there, look me up.

[attachment=0]Hillside_FALL_2015.jpg[/attachment]

Have fun at Hillside. I’d love to see Dry Branch.

This is my second trip to Cochran. It’s a fun place. Campground pickin’ goes on until just about daybreak every night.