Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Mandolin vs. Guitar Pick

I know there are a lot of discussions about mandolin picks, but what about guitar? Do you folks use the same pick on guitar as mandolin? Thoughts?

2 Likes

I do, and I believe Ben does as well.

2 Likes

Same here. I use the CT 55; works great on both instruments.

1 Like

I change from time to time. I’ve been CT55 shape on guitar consistently for a while, but on mandolin I migrate from that CT55 to a rounded triangle shape (TPR40 or 50) and that is where I have been recently.

2 Likes

I don’t always use the same pick but it’s not the instrument that determines my choice.

6 Likes

I stick pretty much to one pick on guitar and don’t use that one on mandolin.
I use a small variety on mandolin, still searching for what works best for what I’m doing at the time.

2 Likes

My sister (mandolin player) and me (guitar player) both use a BlueChip TP 60. We share a teacher who plays mandolin and guitar and he uses that same pick for both instruments. We both think it’s perfect.

5 Likes

I use a Dunlop Prime Tone 1.3 for mandolin and it keeps changing for me on guitar. Currently using a Bum Budda Dummm pick for guitar.

5 Likes

Wow, that is a rare one!

4 Likes

Yep. Dunlop Primetone small triangle 1.3, smooth. I can’t seem to like anything else as well, and I’ve never tried a Blue Chip. I’m afraid I’d lose it. I use for both guitar and mandolin.

3 Likes

I use different picks for each.

2 Likes