Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Lost my mind?

I am sure I watched a video of Rocky Top here and downloaded the tab. Can’t find it.

Also sure I watched a video of Ben doing Dueling Banjos, both parts, can’t find it.

Am I nuts?

I just checked and you have not lost your mind. I have the tef file on both songs if you want, I can send to your email. I think Ben may be getting ready to upgrade this site. Just a guess.

TY for the offer.

I have both on TEF as well. I was looking for the videos and was sure I saw them before and now, could not find them. Glad my mind is not lost (for now) .

Maybe he’s planning to redo them. I don’t remember the Duelling video but I remember that the Rocky Top video was the old style, single video lesson. I notice too that his FMB lesson (also the old style, single video) is also no longer there.

the I’ll FLY AWAY,I SAW THE LIGHT videos are gone as well. Going to have a talk with Ben, and tell him that he needs to sit on the front row at church Sunday morning… :imp: :imp:

This might be more insidious than we think. I recall that Ben did a new version lesson for I’ll Fly Away so it’s not because the lesson was not up to his current standards that he took it down.

On the Banjohangout, member Rick McKeon was talking about how he had to take down his lesson site because he was being threatened with legal action by a music publisher. Could be that these tunes belong to that same publisher and Ben was also menaced?

If you go on Ben’s facebook page, he announced there is big news coming. I bet this is all related.

It is something about copyright laws and getting sued. I guess the publisher wants their money also . He said he is working through that now and he had his Barrister on it . you can be sued and fined up to 50,000 per occurrence . I would not want\ Ben sued in any way . He is just like any one else he will put food on his families table one way or the other . One thing he will not do is break the law . If you want to lean there are others who have worked through it or is unaware of the copy right laws

Oh dear.

I really needed that Rocky Top vid. Just found some other old croonies to play with. They play at nursing homes etc. Rocky Top is one they play and I wanted to learn it. Can do a pickin pattern of just chords but I wanted to spice it up.

Oh well…we can’t control everything.

ez2cy, shoot Ben a message

— Begin quote from "ez2cy"

Oh dear.

I really needed that Rocky Top vid. Just found some other old croonies to play with. They play at nursing homes etc. Rocky Top is one they play and I wanted to learn it. Can do a pickin pattern of just chords but I wanted to spice it up.

Oh well…we can’t control everything.

— End quote

I have the tab in .pdf if’n you need it.