Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Looking for help

I am needing someone to help me write a tab I am having a really hard time at it right now my father in law made a video for me to learn one of his songs but i cant learn it with out tab and im at a lost with writing it out
thanks in advance

2 Likes

@Colton

can you post, link, or email me the video?

can you read Tef? or need a PDF?

Dave
fiddlewood9@gmail.com

2 Likes

yes i will email you the video, i like pdf a little more then TEF but i do use both. Thank you @Fiddle_wood

2 Likes

okay @Fiddle_wood an email should be coming your way shortly i think i got it

3 Likes

If it is ok to post it publicly, you (Colton or Dave) could post it here and various folks could pitch in on the transcribing.

3 Likes

Colton,

I would suggest taking Mikes’ suggestion or sending this to Ben.

All the little strums are kind of out of my forte’. I maybe could do it but it might take me a month or more to get it close, and it still might not be right.

2 Likes

Is an email that I could send this to @BanjoBen that’s the only way I’m able to share the video

2 Likes

Yes…here is Bens’ email:

ben@banjobenclark.com

3 Likes

@Mike_R it says the video is to large to upload to this site

2 Likes

You can put it as an unlisted video on a site such as YouTube and share a link.

3 Likes

@Colton

I can try sharing it here if it’s OK. Or I could provide Mike with it at least.

Mike would be a big help on this I think.

Just let me know.

2 Likes

okay i took @Mike_R advise and post to YouTube ill put a link here and thanks to anyone who is able to help been trying to learn this for a while im just a a lost.
video link- https://youtu.be/kq_BKNe9Ba8

3 Likes

Looks workable. I think we can help with that.

3 Likes

That would be awesome i love the way it sounds but I have a hard time learning straight from a video

2 Likes

That’s a nice part. Colton, I made a pass at the first time through the progression during my lunch break. You might want to hold off on working on it until we get a chance to make sure it is close. I haven’t looked at the second half, but on first listen, it sounds pretty close to a repetition. Dave, Gunnar, here’s the TEF. when you get a chance, please give it a spin to see if it seems right.

BTW, Colton, I really encourage using TablEdit as the slow down feature is very handy.

Old feeling Colton.tef (1.2 KB)

4 Likes

yes i have downloaded TablEdit do do some of bens lessons and thanks alot mike

3 Likes

Ha ha! That was quick… I already found an error when I went back to listen to the original… 7th measure, 3rd beat is D hammer on to E instead of A to C. Like I said, let the other folks look at it a bit and we will get it corrected before you go learn it wrong.

Correction 1:
Old feeling Colton.tef (1.2 KB)

3 Likes

Sounds good i’ll hold off for now thanks for the quick responses

2 Likes

This morning I listened to it a bit more. It seems pretty close to me. Colton, I’d say have at it.

4 Likes

Okay I will start working on it. Will you be able to tab the rest of the video? You’ve done alot so far so thank you

2 Likes