Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Local Jams, any interest?

I went to Cabin Camp - loved it - and was surprised by how many campers never play with other people. I love playing with other people - that’s where the fun is and it has always improved my musicianship.

I realize I am spoiled - I live in Raleigh, NC. There are plenty of pickers around here!

So I was wondering if there are any members living near enough-ish to me who never play with other people but would like to? If there are, let me hear from you. If we get anywhere from 6-10 pickers interested we can find a date that works and I can find us a place to jam.

Looking forward to seeing what this turns up!

-Stephen

11 Likes

Let me get in on this thread too. I’m not near Stephen in NC, but I’d like to see if there are any interested musicians near me in Thibodaux, LA. I’m in the same situation, I went to the camp and now I’d like to find some folks to jam with . Let me know if anyone is in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge/ Houma/Thibodaux area.

Thanks; Steve

5 Likes

Just in case you were wondering: Hogansville, GA is the halfway point between Raleigh and Thibodaux.

:wink:

6 Likes

OK, anybody east of the Mississippi. north of the Mason-Dixon line and near a little place called “Canada?”

5 Likes

I’m in Gainesville, GA. I play guitar and would love to jam sometime. Let me know if anyone is near here.

4 Likes

– By the way Stephen, I was hoping you were on the forum. Enjoyed learning/singing My Home’s Across the Blueridge Mountains from you. It was a like a bonus camp song for me. Lets play it again soon.

4 Likes

I’m just down east of Athens…we could do that!

3 Likes

You bet! Next time I’m through Hotlanta I’ll let you know!

4 Likes

Cleveland, OH. Not exactly a bluegrass mecca here either.

3 Likes

I’d like to add central Illinois to the list

3 Likes

Indianapolis, IN. Anyone?

4 Likes

I down in the SC Lowcountry, I’d be interested.

3 Likes

I have been wanting to play in a jam!
I live in Idaho that’s close to Raleigh right?
I’m a homeschooler🥴

1 Like

Bluegrass jam at Bill’s BBQ.
10010 Fortson Store Rd, Hull, GA 30646
Thursday 7-9

6 Likes

Raleigh… cool. I am in Roanoke Rapids NC. and Midlothian VA. kind of split my time in both places based on working or not. Never played with anyone else really. Saving myself the embarrassment, lol. I would love to get to that point one day.

2 Likes

I see a Scottish place name. I was born in Edinburgh in the Heart of Midlothian Scotland. Many Scots settled in Virginia. Note the heart in the cobble stone path.

7 Likes

Well @HeloSteve, I’m up in the northern part of the state in Monroe. I wish it was a little closer and I’d throw my mandolin into the mix for a jam because I’m looking for that up here. Folks may not know that North and South Louisiana are like different states altogether.

1 Like

Oh, my! I’ve never seen this thread before…or maybe have slept since then. :wink: This looks like a good thread to bookmark!

I’m the same way as many of you guys…never jammed anywhere outside of camp, but would like to try. I’m living in Bluffton, SC (Lowcountry perhaps near @Trader_Todd ?) and work across the state line in Pooler, GA (near Savannah). @Flatpickin_Libby once pointed out to me a close-by local jam in her town, but that’s not been taking place since COVID (mid-day Saturdays at Randy Wood Music).

@Grinnin, I lived in Midlothian (2000-2001) for a couple of years…beautiful area back then!

4 Likes

Good session tonight. Got to sing harmony on Land of the Navajo…haven’t done that in a while!

5 Likes

@ChrisWms Hey Chris. I’m in Indianapolis (Greenfield). I don’t know why I’m just now seeing this thread, but better late than never. Let me know what you have in mind.

2 Likes