Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Listening to Jake Workman "Landmark" album

wow. I am currently sitting back, eyes closed (except as I type this) listening to some real ear-candy from Jake Workman and his album “Landmark”. Thanks for the heads-up about this guy, Libby.
mr g

10 Likes

Well you’re very welcome and I’m proud to have introduced you. :blush: No better guitar album ANYWHERE! That album never gets old; every track is just stellar. Once you start listening to Jake you won’t be able to stop… though you just might stop listening to everyone else. :rofl: His note clarity and musical ideas are incredible, aren’t they!

7 Likes

no argument here. He is amazing. “Black and White Rag” was stunning… currently listening to “Charleston to Dublin”

5 Likes

My favorite track is Redwood, then Down in the Dirt, then Hickory Snow, well I guess I won’t list all 13.

4 Likes

He definitely snagged my attention with Down in the Dirt. I bought his tabs for “down in the Dirt” and “Along the Coast”

6 Likes

I’ve got his tab for Down in the Dirt too! We’ll have to jam it sometime :grin:

3 Likes

hah! Someday when I grow up and can teach these old fingers to move that fast… I am going to love learning this tune.

4 Likes

Don’t worry I can’t play it nearly as fast as Jake.

11 Likes

good work, kiddo!

4 Likes

You then show a video of you playing it with Jake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, I realize Jake is not playing it anywhere near his max tempo, but still…

6 Likes

Well I set the tempo for that jam. I mean I can’t play his album speed! :joy:

7 Likes

Cool, Libby and Timothy!

6 Likes

This is truly a Landmark album! The Workmanship on it is second to none!!

6 Likes

And I thought you said that you weren’t a wordsmith!

3 Likes

Maybe he is a woodsworth!

2 Likes

That ain’t smithy, it’s low hanging fruit. Easy to pluck, but slightly overripe.
Also, My claim was mostly rhetorical

3 Likes