Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Jake Workman: a little inspiration/depression for guitarists!

03:15 - I stayed calm… (maybe)

He had just done a Zoom with me that morning from his hotel room in KY so I’m crediting myself for getting him warmed up! :smirk:
13 Likes

AWESOME!!
I’m strictly a mandolin player and that inspired me😂
I also loved Bro. Leftwitch in that video!
So good!:exploding_head:

5 Likes

Good job. :clap:

Seriously, his playing… it’s alive!!! Highway 40 Blues doesn’t sound the same without those fills and solo :cry:

4 Likes

WOOooOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooOooOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

6 Likes

Why, thank you.

That’s all I can ever say.

Don’t you just love how he threw some triplets back at Jake? :joy: That band has so much fun on stage and are always trying to outdo each other. It never gets old.

5 Likes

Hi for all!

Just wanted to jump in and say that when it comes to Jake Workman’s skills, I definitely see it as a huge source of inspiration rather than anything negative like depression. But instead of letting it bring us down, let’s turn it into motivation. Remember, we’re all on our own musical journeys, and comparing ourselves might not always be fair. It’s important to be careful with the terms we use and check the meaning of mental health terms like “depression” and study the neurosis definition. It’s crucial to use them accurately and thoughtfully. So let’s stay positive and keep making music that speaks to our souls!

5 Likes

Definitely inspiring! :grinning:

3 Likes

That is so neat :smile:

7 Likes

Hey @MissMaggie Great to see you back on the forum

2 Likes

Hey Archie, I hope all is well you, and everyone here actually. I’m sorry I’m not here more regularly and I do so miss you all and the camaraderie. I try to check in now and then. All the best everyone :smile:

3 Likes

handshake Much better after my surgery although I seem to be sleepy all the time now.

3 Likes

You should come back cause you’ve gone from Miss Maggie to Missed Maggie.

7 Likes

Hey @MissMaggie!

2 Likes

Oh my. Thank you and peshaw :relaxed:

But hey y’all, can anyone tell me that’s not one of best lines of all time… “from Miss Maggie to Missed Maggie”. I think you will do well in life young sir.

3 Likes

WOW! That was amazing thanks for sharing that

1 Like