It's a small world

Anyone have a good rendition of its a small world they can share? My 3 year old loves the song and would like to surprise her

Thanks in advance

Do you just need chords or are you looking for a solo line?

banjohangout.org/archive/182693

None of the banjohangout links are valid anymore

I plucked on the Melody lines in C (C,F,G) and am working on adding some fill

I found a youtube version at one time. but can’t find it again

I wonder why they’re all getting yanked?

I got this off of Ultimate guitar so it is guitar notes not banjo but maybe you can transpose to banjo from this

jwpepper.com/10320552.item#.Vk0_vnarQUQ

This 12.95 but it has the banjo tabs not sure if it is chords or notes you may want to check it out before spending any cash . it has 25 disney tunes and songs in it .

That transposing could be a great exercise!

Ya. i’ve been working on it. I’ve got 2 versions where I think I have the melody pretty good. Trying to add fill

That sounds really good to me. Your little girl will sure be happy!

I have a question though, more general in fact, because I see it so often. Why are banjo tabs often written in half speed? Many tabs I retrieved from internet are written in half-time, not sure if half-time is the right word but I mean that there are two measures used to write out one measure (or maybe easier, eight notes are written as quarter notes). I noticed you did it too, so maybe you or someone else here can explain the reason why it is done that way?

Ben doesn´t do it so it is not a ´universal´ approach and I would like to understand.

— Begin quote from “jacqy79”

That sounds really good to me. Your little girl will sure be happy!

I have a question though, more general in fact, because I see it so often. Why are banjo tabs often written in half speed? Many tabs I retrieved from internet are written in half-time, not sure if half-time is the right word but I mean that there are two measures used to write out one measure (or maybe easier, eight notes are written as quarter notes). I noticed you did it too, so maybe you or someone else here can explain the reason why it is done that way?

Ben doesn´t do it so it is not a ´universal´ approach and I would like to understand.

— End quote

I wrote it that way to try and add “Fill” or roles into them. So they’re not just the melody notes. There was no intent on my part of “1/2 speed”. heh

Great job gamb! I’m looking forward to stealing your final version and learning it for my girls :slight_smile:

…if you make it available, that is.

— Begin quote from “jacqy79”

…Why are banjo tabs often written in half speed? Many tabs I retrieved from internet are written in half-time, not sure if half-time is the right word but I mean that there are two measures used to write out one measure (or maybe easier, eight notes are written as quarter notes)…

— End quote

I’ve noticed some do that as well. If you learn from Murphy Henry via the Murphy Method, she uses that form (which I believe is 2/4?). But I also subscribe to Banjo Newsletter and none of their tabs are written that way, but rather in 4/4 time like Ben.

I just read on the internet that fiddlers often write their music in 2/2 timing to reduce repetitive 8th note phrasing but actually play in 2/4 timing, and that old time bluegrass was actually written in 2/4. I’m not at home where my Earl Scruggs book is, but now that my mind is turning gears I’m thinking that he also uses the “half-time” metering that you’re speaking of.

Did we just hi-jack this thread?

— Begin quote from “beardedbanjo”

Did we just hi-jack this thread?

— End quote

I guess we did, sorry for that :stuck_out_tongue: , but thanks for the reactions. It explains me a lot where it comes from.
Will now step quietly away from this thread… hoping to hear your final version soon gamb!

No worries guys. Still working on them. I’ll share if I get to anything I’m proud to share… lol

[size=150]I don’t know about any one else but half time or 2/4 sure takes the heat off the back up guitar .[/size]