Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

In the garden tab

Hi does anyone know where i can get tab for in the garden on banjo? I found a beautiful one on YouTube but no tab. But kids and i fell in love with our monthly hymn in the garden. Thank you :heart:

2 Likes

Would you link the one you like on YouTube? I’ll tab it out for you as long as the creator isn’t already selling their own.

2 Likes

I’ve always loved this arrangement @Michael_Mark I think it’s in the key of D

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

I will watch that one! I’m still struggling to figure things out. I’ve been playing 2 years and my yearly membership just expired. I’m saving up for the lifetime. I need to do more of banjo Ben’s build a breaks.

2 Likes

IntheGarden-ChipFields.pdf (160.7 KB)
IntheGarden-ChipFields.tef (4.6 KB)

Here is the backup behind the verse and the break more or less as he plays it. I admit there are some points at which the roll he plays appears to have little rhyme or reason— hitting the same strings multiple times, using odd fingerings on the right hand, etc.
This is easy to fall into while singing… rolling just takes a ton of practice to be able to do even remotely well while singing. So, hence “more or less”, because I changed a few things to make a little better sense.
I recommend trying to stick to the common rolls you know (forward, reverse, forward-reverse, and square/ alternating-thumb) as much as you can when trying to arrange a song like this. You can also intersperse pinches and brushes/strums when the timing requires— this is a tricky one being in 3/4!

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I really really appreciate it! I will be able to play it with my kids now!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, and awesome! I love hearing that!! Let us know if you need help with anything else.

3 Likes

@Michael_Mark, That was very nice of you!!!

3 Likes

Hi @Michael_Mark Care to take a stab at the arrangement I posted?

Looks like he has a free tab on his website:

1 Like

Didn’t see that one Thankyou

1 Like