Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I built some Dtuners!

Wow, I thought those would imbed, sorry they so messy

Edit, fixed it, they’re cleaner now

It’s making me ask for permission to view. Can I have permission, please?

I’ll try to figure out how to do that. It notified me that you wanted it, but the app froze when I tried to give it, so I’ll try again.

Ok access granted, now how do I unlock it for everyone?

If you discover that, the world is yours!

3 Likes

If your pics are too big, you can use an online compressor to make them smaller. That’s what I do sometimes as most of my pics are too large for this forum. :+1:

Ok thx. I think I’ve managed to unlock them, but I won’t know till someone tries to see them. I’m starting to think I like dropbox better :roll_eyes::joy:

First one is unlocked, one underneath is still asking for permission. Saw the first one. That’s very clever. The sale in lego will now increase in the banjo community. :grin:

1 Like

Ok thanks, it was a fun build (albeit a very frustrating head muddling finger sorenessing one)

1 Like

Ok try again, I think it’s fixed

1 Like

Here they are. They are interesting… necessity is the mother of invention.

4 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YES!!!

Well done. Time for a performance?

1 Like

Thanks, @DrGuitar1! @Mike_R, it’ll take a while for a performance, they don’t quite stay in tune, I’m working on it but not very steadily, I’m a procrastinator, and when I’m working on it I can’t play my other banjo (space reasons). It works fine to bend up from Dtuning, but it doesn’t hold the G tuning very well, (particularly the b string slips), and doesn’t have stops yet, so I over bend sometimes. But I’ll try to get it done this month

2 Likes

Thanks, @DrGuitar1! @Mike_R, it’ll take a while for a performance, they don’t quite stay in tune, I’m working on it but not very steadily, I’m a procrastinator, and when I’m working on it I can’t play my other banjo (space reasons). It works fine to bend up from Dtuning, but it doesn’t hold the G tuning very well, (particularly the b string slips), and doesn’t have stops yet, so I over bend sometimes. But I’ll try to get it done this month

1 Like

Ah, nice to see the pics. Clever idea and I hope you work out the teething troubles. Would be great to hear them in action.

@Dragonslayer Wow, I could not picture what you had in mind. This looks like a clever idea! Thanks of the photos. They loaded OK for me now with your link above.

@DrGuitar1, thanks for helping out with the images.

That’s really cool, Gunnar! Thanks for the pics. I’m anxious to see it in action.

Thanks guys, yesterday I reworked the friction gears so they stay put better, and I’ll see if I can get a short video later today and maybe upload soon

Rube Goldberg much?

That’s crazy looking - and it works? Pretty cool man.

Who’s that? I’ve heard the name…

Well that would be the question wouldn’t it. Well it does, mostly. But it requires a lot of skill and concentration (both slightly lacking on my part) I’m gonna try to demo it soon, I think I’ve figured out part of flint hill special, so you’ll be able to see for yourself soon (hopefully, if I can get off of my procrastinating keister :joy::roll_eyes:)