Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Hotel California!

At long last… here’s Hotel California, it’s a great song with questionable lyrics, so I dispensed with the vocals and played it instrumental. Ok, that sounds like way more foresight and actual thought than actually went into this lol. Actually, I don’t sing, and I learned this cuz it’s fun (though hard) to play. Anyway… hope you enjoy it!

13 Likes

Very impressive! Your fret board understanding, memory and other skills required to play. And of course the fancy stuff that you do and the smile that goes with it! Great job!

1 Like

Nice job! I can see why you were flagged. 99% of people don’t get anywhere near as close as you got on that intro.

Funny story. In high school, a friend’s dad said that his band worked months on getting that song down just right. They were really proud of how good it sounded. Then they played it at a gig and realized, in that moment, that you can’t dance to it. Great song. Terrible beat for dancing. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks y’all! It’s an awesome song musically (though admittedly lousy for dancing :joy::joy:) and I love playing it. Also, if you want to learn it or any other fingerstyle, go check out licknriff free guitar education YouTube channel, he teaches a bunch of fingerstyle arrangements for free. (It doesn’t overlap with Ben’s material at all so I can endorse him right? :joy:)

Was I really the only one who was dancing to this? Wow… embarrassing!

2 Likes

Actually, I was thinking about it, and you could dance to it, but not typical upbeat hiphop dance, it’s a different style. It might work well for a square dance overseas

1 Like

Excellent !!!

1 Like

Thanks Archie!

lol

1 Like

60’s style groove dancin’

2 Likes

This one definitely going to be saved into my “favorites” over on YouTube! I really enjoyed that Dragon.

1 Like

Thanks!

hahahaha

@Mike_R,

Uh… Yeah, you were the only one… :unamused:

JK, my friend

2 Likes

Just lost a dear wonderful friend. He was an awesome musician, songwriter / singer. My Wife made up his “Celebration Of Life” cards yesterday. She included one of Michael’s favorite sayings.
We can’t always choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how we dance to it”.

Thought this would be a nice little addition to this thread from Dragon since it kinda veered off course anyways.
Michael plays all the instruments on all his recordings. Here’s one of my favorites him & I played many many times over the years.
I’ll be playing this for him Sunday on guitar.
So dance with your hearts everyone

Dancing Feet
Michael Frazier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKTUHO9OmM

1 Like