Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Hey y'all. Newb... of sorts

Hey gang,

Big Banjo Ben fan here who’s been lurking awhile. I’m 57 but actually tried to pick up the guitar at age 12 and learned chords and played some for a college ministry setting . Anyway, I’m determined to go to the next level, by God’s grace and with Ben’s help. I love bluegrass. I don’t have a lot to say or add but I want and need community in order to hang in there. Learning my G scale as well as “What Child Is This?” I’ve really been helped by the chord theory. I want to go in depth besides just knowing my chords.

My goal is to get to a level I could come to a Cabin Camp one day and actually benefit and participate.

Merry Christmas!

Paul

13 Likes

Big welcome Paul and always happy to exchange with anyone who cares to listen :wink:

Greensleeves eh!:wink:

2 Likes

Welcome! You’ll have fun!

4 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

Hey man, good to see a new face here. The people here are great and very helpful. Hope you have a great time learning here!`

`

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, Paul.

3 Likes

Welcome. I hope you get to go to a Cabin Camp. They’re amazing and it doesn’t matter what level you’re on, everyone is accepted as-is.

1 Like

You found the right place! Great teaching and great community!

2 Likes

Nice to meet you Paul!

2 Likes

Keep plugging away Paul! Cabin Camp is awesome.

2 Likes

I think I’d love Cabin Camp if for no other reason than the food! :wink:

3 Likes

Well, yes, there was that. Really good food and good fellowship. I learned so much about what I didn’t know and have been working solidly since I got back. Sometimes that’s better. Maybe I’ll see you at a camp in a year or two.

2 Likes

I actually took the plunge and signed up for the one day camp in St Pete. I think I can just make the described beginner qualifications and can practice hard before then!

4 Likes

#Jealous!!! You’re going to love it.
Let us know about it when you get back.

1 Like