Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Hey Ben, check this out. Can you make this work

This is a foot operated video control. For several years I have been wondering if something like this existed. I hope you’ll check it out to see if it will work with your video format because I would invest in one of these.

3 Likes

It would work with my vids because I host mine on Vimeo.com, or at least that’s what it says on their site.

1 Like

I think I might have to get one. Been wanting something like this for a long time, I’ll keep you posted.

I got one. It works on you tube but I can’t get it to work on your site, I thought maybe if I saved them offline it will work but your site says that I don’t have the right browser to save offline. Any suggestions?

The offline stuff has been a pain since this site went live. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not. I’ve had the best luck with Google Chrome. If that doesn’t work, try Firefox. My guess is it won’t work with MS Edge at all.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping I can get it to work. It works great on Youtube vids but I really bought it to use on Ben’s stuff.

1 Like

I’m wondering if Ben’s password protection has anything to do with it. Let’s try a test. See if you can loop this video.

https://vimeo.com/265045525

1 Like

Here’s what they told me : Thanks for reaching out.

Although the Vidami works with YouTube.com and Vimeo.com, it doesn’t necessarily work with third party sites that use the Vimeo video player embedded in their website. In order to make a third party site like Ben’s work with Vidami, our engineer has to program the capability. We have a list of sites that we are considering for future compatibility and will add ben’s to the list. If you are a banjo picker and want to check out some other teachers, we are compatible with TrueFire which has over 60 banjo courses on it’s site.

1 Like

What they need to do is hook their app into the browser and snag the credentials for each site. I’m not much of a programmer, but that seems like a lot less work than programming for each site.

I’d at least write them back and let them know that Ben has hundreds of lessons and literally thousands of students all over the world. This could be a boost for their sales.

3 Likes

I just did. I told them they should consider reaching out to Ben and work out a partnership. The unit works great on Youtube videos. It’s exactly what I have been wanting. I hope they will work out some compatbility. Ben could sell them through the store.

3 Likes

@BanjoBen will I am sure need to agree to this. Seems to me this might allow illegal access through the backdoor to Ben’s lessons. The security aspect needs looking into.

1 Like

Ben, you should look in to contacting these guys for compatibility with your site. It works great on you tube vids. You could sell them through the store. A win win for all concerned.

Interesting development. Chrome wouldn’t allow me to download Ben’s video so I switched to Firefox. It seemed to allow the process but it was taking so long that I aborted. Conversely, at least for me, the looping unit will work in Youtube if I am using Chrome but it doesn’t work if I am using Firefox. I was hoping to save one of Ben’s videos locally to see if it would work with that. I might try downloading again…I’ll just let it go while I do my chores. We’ll see. I was really hoping to use the unit with Ben’s site content.

To the best of my knowledge Keith. You don’t actually download Bens videos to you computer, it only allows you to access the lesson offline in your browser. Not sure how it does this but it’s a safeguard to prevent folks from sharing Ben’s content.

2 Likes

It does actually download the videos for offline use, but it saves the files in an encrypted format, not a normal video file. The browser knows where to find the files And what to do with them.

I’m also curious if the unit will work with downloaded files. I have my doubts, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. I can still use it on Ben’s you tube files…but those aren’t full lessons.

1 Like

Does it have an option to loop videos that that are saved on the PC? I’d probably find that useful.

Due to the privacy settings on Ben’s videos, I’m unable to “un-embed” the video and play it elsewhere… It might be that if Ben changes the settings, you would be able to grab the video link and download the file.

Or just get Jim Browning to do it for you. :joy:

VLC Media Player does that pretty well and it’s FREE to download. You set a start and end point and it loops till you stop it you can also slow videos. I have a really old version likely as not the newer version will have more features. https://www.videolan.org/

1 Like

Sorry about that @Stixx3969! I thought it would work since they listed Vimeo and that is who posts my vids. I’ll write to them and ask them if they know who I think I am!

2 Likes