Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Harmony H80T

Can someone help with finding the correct size whammy bar for a Harmony H80T electric guitar. I’m trying to restore my dad’s guitar from his childhood

Wonder if you could modify a strat bar? That’s a strat copy isn’t it?

Or, even a jazzmaster bar.

@jw11 I honestly have no clue. I don’t know anything about guitars. Could you enlighten me on what you mean?

I found out the size it’s a 5mm hole

and yes it is a copy

I also need a new output jack but I don’t know what kind to get.

It will be near impossible to find the specific bar you need for your Harmony.

I would start with Reverb.com and type in Stratocaster Trem bar in the search bar. You’ll need to know if your hole is threaded or not (some bars just push in and some thread in). If it’s threaded (which is very likely), you can check the threads with a tap and die set… Or, you could try various bolts until one threads in properly by hand to tell what threads you have.

A Squire Stratocaster bar may be exactly the same as your Harmony. Squire is Fender’s overseas line of guitars which would use metric hardware.

You could also try E-bay, but I’d start with Reverb.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Have you tried contacting StewMac? If they don’t stock it I am sure someone there can at least point you in the right direction.

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardware/all-hardware-and-parts-by-instrument/electric-guitar-parts/

1 Like

I already went with amazon and bought one. Thanks @Archie I’ve never heard of stewmac thanks for pointing me in the right direction

1 Like