Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Harmony Banjo

Hi
Do you have a lesson on how to work out the harmony banjo part for a song/tune? Your lesson for Cold Frost Morn includes a harmony part, but does not include how you came up with it.
Really enjoying your lessons.

Thanks
Leanne

3 Likes

Hello Leanne, welcome to the forum! Ben’s answer to your question is below. (until he provides further update.)

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Cold Frosty Morning - Discuss Lessons - Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

That’s a great request and I need to do a whole course on it, thanks!

2 Likes

That would be a great lesson!

1 Like

Yes Ben you do (haha). I learned to play this tune by ear when Munde first put it out on his Album " The Banjo Kid Picks Again". I pulled it out of the cobwebs when I started playing again. Later when you put it out on YT with a harmony part I had to buy it for that part (haha). I did have to relearn the rolls on the B part because I had played it differently. That was an adventure. I messed it up a little on this recording. “Unlearning” a roll pattern you had always used on the song and doing a different one is almost worse than learning it from scratch. Anyway, thanks for the harmony part and looking forward to seeing what other songs you do that with.

https://youtu.be/96MAH_oOf2I

1 Like