Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Harmonica Strings

Does anyone know where I can get a new set of strings for my Harmonica. I looked on Hohner’s web site but can’t find any.

2 Likes

Man! Gander Mountain used to sell those before they went out of business. They were right next to the snipe hunting supplies.

9 Likes

This what your lookin for ?

https://harmonicas-direct.com/product-category/accessories/reed-plates/

2 Likes

Do y’all hunt snipes in Texas? We are infested with the pesky critters here in NC.

4 Likes

They’ve migrated that far north, huh? :smirk:

4 Likes

Funny you should mention the Snipes, 'cause that’s where I got the Harmonica. It was in a paper bag with a Snipe.

4 Likes

Ooohhh… now I understand why you’re looking for harmonica strings. Everyone knows snipes tend to bend harmonica strings way too far. Dang thing probably broke every one of them huh?!

5 Likes

Everyone told me a was an expert Snipe bag handler, they just would tell me where those pesky snipes were and let me hunt for hours in the dark. I guess my reputation scared the snipes off because I never caught one. But they would sure turn up in another patch of woods :rofl:

I haven’t heard reference to snipe hunting in a while…I don’t think that is done much any more. Maybe there needs to be a Snipe Hunting iPhone app. Wait, I think the smart phone already take some people out deep in the woods and causes them to get lost for hours at a time.

I think I am gong to change my smart phone name to SnipeHunter .

4 Likes

I think they call them Pokemon these days. :laughing:

7 Likes

Good Point :slight_smile: HA

2 Likes

I usually buy my harmonica strings from blinkerfluid.com, the same place I buy my snipe rifles and traps, muffler bearings, and elbow grease. It’s kinda like amazon, but for practical things. And they have good prices!

9 Likes

its not April 1st today is it?

4 Likes

I know this place. I bought a can of Prop Wash from them.

4 Likes

I bought a box of assorted sizes of holes. They offer both inch and metric sizes!

5 Likes

You bought a box of holes ? If you’d said I could have loaned you a spade and you could dug your own gif

5 Likes

It might be… are you referencing my chrisfix reference?

2 Likes

This is why I come here. You can’t find this institutional knowledge just anywhere. And by institutional, I mean certifiably nuts. Meanwhile, can someone help me figure out how to collect Exhaust samples for my mechanic to analyze?

7 Likes

Hi @Brent.H your gonna need one of these.

https://www.sierrainstruments.com/autotest/products/emissions-analytical/exhaust_flow_measurement

2 Likes

I recommend feeding your car lots of beans before taking the sample. Your mechanic might not thank you, but your comedy career will…

5 Likes

i’m refering to your muffler bearing and your blinker fluid. I have no idea what chrisfix means :wink:

2 Likes