Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Happy Easter!

I just got through playing music for the loudest Easter service I have ever seen. I was just filling in for someone on bass so it wasn’t my choice of music, but it was certainly interesting nonetheless. I suspect people attending were pretty polarized, with some digging it and others saying “what?” I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Easter and can enjoy it in whatever method calls to them.

Same to you and yours, Mike.

— Begin quote from ____

I just got through playing music for the loudest Easter service I have ever seen.

— End quote

Are you talking about the band or the congregation? Maybe the congregation was turned up to 11.

Haha! I wish it was the congregation. That would be cool. It was the band which was loud. I always think of an Easter service as being an overwhelmingly reverent thing, this one was… different. The music was loud, high energy praise music. Mind you, I have frequented venues with a mosh pit, so I am not opposed to energetic music. Perhaps it just wasn’t amped up enough??? I mean if you want to rock it… really do it. Skip the loud praise (not my thing) and go straight to christian hard rock (I am thinking like FlyLeaf or Skillet). Maybe next year for Easter service, we could go all out and have a pit at the church, complete with strobes and a chilled fog machine. I am sure Sally, my 70 or 80 something friend at the church who makes a weekly appeal for “more hymns”, would be thrilled. I might get asked to leave :slight_smile:

Haha, that’s funny Mike!

I have to tell it and I do not mean to offend anyone!

I was a “long haired pretty boy rocker” back in the day (Think Don Johnson and Vince Neil mixed)…anyway, this gal had been chasing me, pretty gal, no make up and about as pretty as they come, even though she could only wear denim skirts!

So I decide that I’d take her up on going to church with her…father was the preacher, brother, or “whatever”. Anyway, we are just chilling out in the congregation listening to his sermon at this “Apostolic Pentecostal” church and before I knew it I was the only one of about 30 that was still seated in a pew…yep they all simultaneously were talking in tongues and lurching about the place and floor…I didn’t know if I should join them or not, so I just sat there feeling about as awkward as a young boy of 17 could be. I’d been raised as a Southern Baptist - Hell, Fire, and Brimstone (no snakes) :laughing: and these folks had nothing on us!

Mike I am thinking your loud gospel music from Striper would have been perfect to go with the mix!

Did you notice anyone putting cotton balls or cigarette butts in their ears?

— Begin quote from "Oldhat"

Mike I am thinking your loud gospel music from Striper would have been perfect to go with the mix!

— End quote

Aw man did I love some Stryper back in the day. They were gaudy as can be but those boys could play and had some nice songs.