Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Guitar Case

Anyone have suggestions for a case for a grand auditorium guitar. Thanks :grinning:

1 Like

My first call would be to the folks at the Banjo Ben Store. If they didnā€™t have what I was looking then TKL makes good cases, thatā€™s who Stelling uses for their cases. Im interested to see what others on the forum recommend.
https://www.tkl.com/products?categories=acoustic-guitar

5 Likes

I like my Gator case; it seems relatively protective and also looks nice.

6 Likes

Agreed that Iā€™d call the general store first. They have taken great care of me. If it is an non-typical case size, I have purchased a couple ā€œsecondsā€ from Martin and you might be able to find similar for other brands of guitars. The ones I got were supposedly flawed, but I didnā€™t see a problem with either. It allowed me to get the right fit for odd ball sizes (N-20 and a 0000), and they were quite a bit off the new price. And Brent is rightā€¦ many of the nice OEM cases are by TKL.

5 Likes

Hi Emilie The best case I have is a TKL for my Stelling. @Jake carried out some bench tests on the Calton Case awhile back You might care to check out.

5 Likes

My calton case is great and by far the most protective case I own. The only disadvantage other than the price if you arenā€™t looking to spend a lot, would be the weight. They are quite heavy but I still take mine everywhere where I wonā€™t be the only person carrying it because I know nothing can happen to it. The cross rock fiberglass cases are nice cases as well and not so heavy or expensive. Or if you are looking for more of a bag, Iā€™d recommend reunion blues, or the hard foam gator cases are great as well.

9 Likes

I have a guitar case called a BAM case. Itā€™s an incredibly lightweight hardshell guitar case made in France. I like it because itā€™s light but still very protective. Google BAM cases - theyā€™re well worth the money.

8 Likes

Hey yā€™all thanks for all the feed back. @Archie @Flatpickin_Libby and @Timothy_L thanks and I would love to have a Calton or a Bam but after the purchase of my Twanger theyā€™re way out of my price range right now. I also donā€™t do a lot of traveling with it just a family road trip every few months. Plus I would feel a little funny about putting a $500 guitar in a $700-$1200 case :grin:. Sorry guess I should have mentioned price range above but Iā€™m glad to have the better case knowledge for later. Right now Iā€™ve got it in my old road runner dreadnaught case with something filling the gap which Iā€™m kind of starting to get sick of. I am definitely planning on giving the Benā€™s general store a call though. Itā€™s kinda funny @Michael_Mark brought up gator cause I was looking at this one and I know 000 and grand auditorium are kind of similar do yā€™all think it would fit? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Iā€™d suggest just calling the General Store, as they are a Gator Case dealer and could get most likely get a specific case in for you and will know what sizes of guitar will fit in what kinds of cases. Mine is the ABS plastic version; Iā€™ve never tried the wood ones.

2 Likes

We all obsess over the Calton $$$$$ I just wanted to watch that video again with @jake

2 Likes

For your price range, get a gator or a cross rock case both of which are great choices.

2 Likes