Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Guitar-Bill Cheatum-150

Been up all night messing with this… it’s 4am and my hands are not gonna make it through another take so it is what it is…plenty of little goofs ups, a couple heroic saves, and a disaster or two…

6 Likes

Excellent! Now I have to go and listen to Ben’s music to find out how it should be and what is the goof up etc.

1 Like

thanks John!
haha…don’t know how much listening ot Ben will help…a lot of the second & 3rd times thorugh I just made up or used to play years ago and was trying to remember.

2 Likes

Hi Dave, after listening to Ben’s music, you have done excellent job and sounds awesome for the tempo you have chosen. Keep it up! Seems like I have missed out on some fun music and now I have added this one to my to learn list. Currently I’m attempting to tackle Joy to the World and Black Mountain Rag at slower tempo’s.

3 Likes

Well, thank you.

It is a really fun tune. There’s so many ways to play it that I get confused and get myself in trouble…haha
I totally forgot ot include or missed about five licks I really wanted to put in…just too tired to keep trying…maybe on the next one…

2 Likes

I think I see what you are saying. You seems to have simplified the licks with triplets but people like me who is unfamiliar with music or even those who is familiar, the music is going to sound fine as long as you get the melody part right which I think you did.

Now every 1000s try would improve your BPMs by 15s?? :wink:

2 Likes

haha…I just take the speed as it comes.

when I can hit hte next speed I’ll post again probably.

The biggest changes I made is I cross picked the B parts on the 2nd and 3rd time around.

3 Likes

Nice picking!

1 Like

That’s not an easy one. Nice picking!

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

It’s been well over 20 years since I tried much of any flatpicking, so I’m not unhappy with this for a couple days of effort as a first shot at getting back into it.

3 Likes