Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Gonna buy....just a few Q's

Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together? Very smart move.

Sniff Sniff :cry: Just pulled the old Eastman out and played a very Soulful rendition of “Bury me Beneath the Willow” Polished her up with some of that good old Gibson Polish and tucked her safely away in her case. Gonna Box it up tomorrow to ship out, Its a bittersweet feeling but I got a feeling that better days lie ahead for this fine instrument as some serious playing time lies ahead!!! I hope it turns out to be all you were looking for and more, as I said before if you are disappointed, I’ll gladly welcome her back!!! :mrgreen:

I appreciate the gesture, but I’m sure I’ll be tickled.

I love ‘Bury me beneath the Willow’…almost as much as this one. The man singing this is at our weekly jam (this video was filmed where we hold our jam on Saturdays). This is my favorite arrangement of this song in the whole wide world. And, I’ll get to see the Kruger boys in a couple weeks (Merlefest).

youtube.com/watch?v=DCxkbelY_hE

Here he is again with the Kruger boys. If you want to get some chills, play the whole thing…and listen for the crowd to join in.

youtube.com/watch?v=DCxkbelY_hE

I’m still a little intimidated by it. But, I pick it up from time to time. I think I’ll just keep doing this for a while, instead of trying to dive all the way into learning it. I find that I can find 2-3 finger chordings all over the place. I just can’t remember them!

It’s a neat little instrument.

Well done JV - it’s a long and winding road ahead.
Guess you wouldn’t be interested in this one yet. I’d love to buy it, particularly as it is an Oz built masterpiece, but don’t think she who must be obeyed would approve of the pricetag … :open_mouth:
Anyone else interested?

That is a serious instrument.

It doesn’t matter what color her hair is. If you want the relationship to last, you better love the sound of her voice. Let your ears tell you where to spend your money, not your eyes. Beauty is only skin deep, but recordings last forever. JMHO

Dang…now that was deep.

He must have never woke up with a ugly woman after a long night of drinking…That’s a memory you don’t forget. Made me stop drinking, INSTANTLY!!! :open_mouth:

— Begin quote from "ozicaveman"

Well done JV - it’s a long and winding road ahead.
Guess you wouldn’t be interested in this one yet. I’d love to buy it, particularly as it is an Oz built masterpiece, but don’t think she who must be obeyed would approve of the pricetag … :

— End quote

Of course that one is one tenth the price of this one. I am guessing $250k?

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/names/gibson-f-5-(1924)--90U-6141.htm

$250k isn’t a crazy guess. I am not enough of an F5 geek to know the ins and outs, but it looks pretty clean. They claim it’s original except some frets… sounds like a high dollar one. I recently saw a similar one in originality, but rougher looking go for upper $100s. If I remember correctly, they were asking $170000.