Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Get Well, Doc

I was browsing through some news stories this morning and just saw that Doc Watson was ill. Doesn’t sound too good, but here’s hoping Doc pulls through.

— Begin quote from ____

Singer Doc Watson in critical condition, hospital says
Reuters | 09:29 AM,May 25,2012
By Colleen Jenkins WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina (Reuters) - Grammy winning folk musician Doc Watson is in critical condition at a North Carolina hospital, a representative for the medical facility said on Thursday. The 89-year-old Watson is a singer of bluegrass, country, blues and gospel who is famous for his flatpicking style on the guitar and his interpretations of folk songs from bygone eras. Watson, a native of North Carolina, is in critical condition at Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, said Karen Richardson, a spokeswoman for the hospital. She declined to release any other information about Watson, including when he was admitted and for what health problem. North Carolina newspaper the Watauga Democrat reported that, according to Watsons friend Tommy Walsh, he was hospitalized on Monday at Watauga Medical Center for an infection, and was transferred on Thursday to Baptist Medical Center. Walsh told the paper he did not know why Watson was transferred.

— End quote

Thanks for passing that along Larry. Indeed, I hope he gets better.

I also send my best to Doc. I have loved and respected him and his music for a long time.

Prayers and best wishes for Doc to recover …have always loved his pickin and music since I first heard it …thanks Larry for passing it along…

Here’s hoping he bounces back! Latest news that I could find on the web:

*WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina (Reuters) - Grammy-winning folk musician Doc Watson remained in critical condition on Friday but had regained some strength after undergoing colon surgery at a North Carolina hospital, according to his management team.

A statement on Folklore Productions International’s website said the 89-year-old performer was “resting and responsive” following his surgery on Thursday.*

God speed Doc