Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Fingerstyle Guitar Hymns

Been working on some fingerpicking lately. Here are 2 gospel songs arranged by Jake Workman. Incidentally, one of the main things that attracted me to @BanjoBen’s site was his fingerstyle gospel arrangements - can’t wait to dive into some of those next! Feel free to comment or critique! I’ve only been fingerpicking since November 2019 so I’m open to any suggestions! :slight_smile: -Libby

23 Likes

Sounding so beautiful Libby! bravo

6 Likes

Thank you Archie!

6 Likes

Sounds great, @Flatpickin_Libby! I recently wrote an arrangement of “Nearer, My God, to Thee” combined with “Nothing Between”; I might have to upload that here sometime. Another one of my favorites on fingerstyle guitar is “The Haven of Rest”.

11 Likes

Thanks Michael Mark, I’d love to hear your songs!

7 Likes

What a lovely song! @Flatpickin_Libby

8 Likes

Looks relatively simple but nice arrangement. And well played, Libby!

8 Likes

They’re not too complicated, no. Only been fingerpicking for about 5 months. Thanks for your encouragement!

9 Likes

That’s great Libby!

8 Likes

WOW! So pretty! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Great picking! I love fingerstyle guitar, and play it almost as much as bluegrass. I recommend checking out licknriff free guitar education on YouTube, he’s got a bunch of free lessons of fingerstyle songs and arrangements. The tabs aren’t as well written as Ben’s though…

6 Likes

tight execution, love it -

3 Likes

Do it!

3 Likes

Here you go:

https://banjobenclark.com/forum/t/nearer-my-god-to-thee-nothing-between-the-haven-of-rest/11782

4 Likes

Very nice! I have to learn this,

4 Likes