Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Fingers not sliding on guitar

It’s kind of crazy I know but every now and then I pick the guitar up and it feels like the calluses on my fingers must be soft or something they simply won’t Slide on the strings?
Does anyone else ever experience that? I do not use coated strings.
Then later on I may pick my. guitar up and Not have any trouble sliding on the Strings.

1 Like

I have, yeah, depends on humidity and temp some, I think. Also I think your diet could affect oils, etc. Lots of factors!

2 Likes

Cotton candy? :crazy_face:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: LOL I try to make a practice of washing my hands before playing to preserve my strings.

2 Likes

Try Elixirs.

I played them for several years, then I played de’adarrio coated strings for several years but quite because it got ti the point I couldn’t play guitars with uncoated strings. It always irritated me so I quite using them. The problem I was referring to is not a constant thing it may just be for a couple of hours then I’m fine. It just happened to me again today and I wondered if it was a thing , or just me!

I’ve had the same question about playing with coated strings and then not feeling like I could play with uncoated strings. Should I force the issue and play with uncoated strings? But regarding your issue about the finger’s being different sometimes, I notice that happens with my phone sometimes. Sometimes I can’t swipe the phone. Often after a shower I’ve noticed that.

Sometimes I overuse the word sometimes.

2 Likes

That’s a good point same here (phone comment)