Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Far Side Banks of Jordan

Does anyone have or know where I could find guitar tab for “Far Side Banks of Jordan”?

Youtube Vid: youtube.com/watch?v=ZwxL9ekKtbU

Thanks! :smiley:

That’s some nice crosspicking. I might make a stab at tabbing it out tonight, but sometimes crosspicking eludes me. I have trouble hearing all the notes.

F C
[Johnny] I believe my steps are growing wearier each day
F
Still I’ve got another journey on my mind
C
Lures of this old world have ceased to make me wanna stay
F
And my one regret is leaving you behind.

(SAME) Got this from 911 tabs could not find tab for it but it sounds like the normal fare for back guitar If you have midi or can turn the music into midi tabledit will tab it out for you if you have the full version you can save it , you could save 16 bars at a time .

I tabbed the intro from the Youtube link. I believe it’s reasonably accurate. That little bass note run over the D chord is pretty cool. I’ll have to remember that.

[attachment=0]Far Side Banks Of Jordan Guitar Intro.tef[/attachment]

— Begin quote from "ldpayton"

I tabbed the intro from the Youtube link. I believe it’s reasonably accurate. That little bass note run over the D chord is pretty cool. I’ll have to remember that.

[attachment=0]Far Side Banks Of Jordan Guitar Intro.tef[/attachment]

— End quote

Wow! Thank you so much for giving your input and helping me with this! I really appreciate it!

You’re welcome. Hope you find it useful. I really didn’t intend to learn the song, but I couldn’t resist getting the crosspicking up to speed once I tabbed it, just for the crosspicking practice.

I’m looking forward to giving it a spin.

I down loaded it with out listening to it I knw you do good work , looking forward to learning this

I just gave it a quick play. That’s really good. Thanks for posting it!

It got me to thinking about another Cox family song I used to play. When things settle down a bit I’ll try to remember where it was on the neck and tab it out. I think I played in E shape capoed up pretty far:
youtube.com/watch?v=25W6F1Q_K7k

That’s awesome Larry! Great work and thanks for posting it. It’s pretty challenging at first but a great exercise skipping over strings.

— Begin quote from ____

It’s pretty challenging at first but a great exercise skipping over strings.

— End quote

I found skipping two strings to be the most difficult part, too. The other thing the slowed me down was the change from forward rolling to reverse rolling. For the past few months I’ve been forcing myself to do all forward rolls DDU and all reverse rolls DUU, but I still hesitate sometimes when I have to reverse direction.

I would love to have banjo tab for this song, verse and chorus.

I’m no help in figuring out banjo tab. You might be on your own on this one, jm.