Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Essay Contest!

Congratulations to the Class of 2020!!! This one is for you!

Are you looking for an opportunity to help you reach your music goals/dreams? Perhaps a free Gold Pick membership could be just what you need as you leave high school and head off into your future!

All you have to do to enter is submit a 500-750 word essay answering this question:
“In light of recent events, is live music vital for community flourishing and why?”

-------------

Who is eligible for this contest? Any 2020 high school graduate!

All essay submissions must be emailed to Alicia (alicia@banjobenclark.com) by
Friday, June 12th at 11:59pm CST.

Winners will be announced live on Monday, June 15th at 5pm CST .

PRIZES:
1st place winner - FREE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP (a $549 value!) + $100 General Store Gift Card
Two runner up winners - FREE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP (a $250 value!) + $50 General Store Gift Card each

Special thanks to the three generous sponsors (all current Gold Pick members!) who have donated memberships for the winners of this contest! All contest entrants agree to possibly have their essay, name, and general location shared on Banjo Ben’s social media platforms.

18 Likes

Hey @BanjoBen I’m a graduate this year and I just wanted to say thanks so much for this special contest just for us! So far I haven’t had time to sit down and write an essay and I’m not sure if I’ll get one done or not, but if I don’t it’s not because I didn’t want to.

7 Likes

You’re welcome, but you SHOULD do it because I think you’ll have a great chance to win!

8 Likes

I’ll see… I’d love to but I’ve been pretty busy since getting out of school (everybody reading this just said “welcome to the real world” :grin:)

7 Likes

For all the folks involved, that’s fantastic!

6 Likes

Honestly, you should try and keep aside other things and participate, Kevin! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think he’s going to give it a shot!

7 Likes

I just submitted my entry. I don’t need a membership, but I have a friend here who could benefit greatly from it, so I did it for her.
I didn’t realize how much 500 words actually is, and how hard it is to write that many about a single topic :joy::scream:

8 Likes

How much is 500, 2-3 pages? I always find it hard to write under 500, but I guess it just seems that way to me because I often feel like I have to exhaust everything when I sit down to write.

Are the essays going to be posted here after the contest?

4 Likes

If you’re using Pages or Word, just turn on word count, and you’ll see when you get to 500. How many pages that takes up will depend on your font size. And remember you have to be a graduating senior this year too! :slight_smile: Have fun those of you who can enter - I’m not eligible this time.

9 Likes

What’s the fun without that, if you ask me? So we look forward to your write up, Michael! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m gonna send mine very shortly!

10 Likes

I can’t enter this time since I’m not a senior, but if Ben ever does another essay contest, I’ll probably enter if I’m eligible.

6 Likes

What a bummer! Anyways we will look forward to you in other eligible contests!

3 Likes

I sent mine in already too! Took me a while to write up as well :slight_smile:

9 Likes

What age is a qualifying senior ? I am a Senior Citizen I turn 73 in August do I qualify gif gif

8 Likes

Me too @Michael_Mark!

4 Likes

Just sent my essay!

11 Likes

It’s so good! I can’t wait to announce the winners!

6 Likes

I’m excited to announce the essay contest winners!!!

Honorable mention (receiving a $25 store gift card): @Lucy_L Lucy Lindblom and Kevin Hillman!
3rd place (receiving annual membership + $50 gift card): April Kurtz!
2nd place (receiving annual membership + $50 gift card): @Dragonslayer Gunnar Salyer!
1st place (receiving lifetime membership + $100 store gift card): @GraceS GRACE SAYWARD!!!

We’ll be posting the winning essays on the blog soon so you can enjoy their fantastic responses to the essay question!

Special thanks again to our generous donors who sponsored this contest!

18 Likes