Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

East Texas Jams?

Any of y’all pickers from East Texas? I’m trying to meet and play with as many people I can in the area. Longview/ Daingerfield area.
Thanks

1 Like

I do believe @Mark_Rocka is from Texas not sure where but he is sure to jump in here

Texas is a big place. Kody is near Dallas and I’m near Houston. That’s about a 4 hour drive. I love playing, but not enough to drive 8 hours round trip for a jam session. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Mark_Rocka,

WIMP! :rofl:

Seriously, the whole state of Texas alone would be like driving through several small European Countries.:thinking:

Not quite… it’s more like driving through several large European countries! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Aw c’mon, I would. Of course, I do a lot of things most normal people wouldn’t.

1 Like

Texas is a big place. Kody is near Dallas and I’m near Houston. That’s about a 4 hour drive. I love playing, but not enough to drive 8 hours round trip for a jam session. :slight_smile:

No Kidding. Man I thought you’d hop on a horse and gallop over there in next to no time. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

This is totally something I’d say!

Come on, meet in the middle (two hours each way) and make it a monthly deal. Maybe you could find some others to join you, (I’d be happy to, if I was there)

Ha! Awesome :joy::joy::racehorse::cowboy_hat_face:

Family or bluegrass. Family or bluegrass. It’s like Sophie’s choice.

Houston’s a good haul from these parts. But if anyone is ever in my area, I’d love to meet up and jam!

Hi Kody, There are a couple of lovely ladies who bide in Kilgore Tx and what’s that about an hours travel? The great thing is these ladies are kin to @BanjoBen Maybe they can help you find other pickers to pick with. Here’s a link to their website. https://thepurplehulls.com I am sure if you could set up a session with Penny Lee and Katy Lou @Mark_Rocka would find a way to drop in. With or without the horse.

2 Likes

What an opportunity THAT would be! Just IMAGINING

Picking with the Purple Hulls is… humbling, to say the least.

1 Like

Oh… Yeah… I can totally see that!

In fact, I don’t think I could… just imagine…

Of course, if they were instructing a clinic at camp… That may be possible…

But… the Purple Hulls… you would see my instrument surrounded by a nothing but a pile of goo (the mortal remains of me - lol)… burned from their incredible pickin’

Tell me… Did the girls perform some with @BanjoBen at Camp?

Quite a bit. I posted a video here.

1 Like

@Kody, do you ever catch any of my sister’s shows in East Texas? Check out their site: thepurplehulls.com

Also, Mike and Julie Tucker run some jams near Gladewater. Look them up on facebook and see what they’ve got going on!

I’ve been wanting to catch one of there shows just never seems to work on our schedule lately. I’ll try to contact the Tucker’s in Gladewater. Thanks for the contact.