Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Early This Morning

Round with its own light, as the Bible states :grinning:

3 Likes

Own or borrowed, we have a different source for light, no?! Isaiah 60:19,20. :slight_smile:

Hey Loren (@LorenDB), I also support the Human Lander System (HLS) and have been very impressed with SpaceX. But, yes, the SLS delays have been frustrating. Regardless, it was great to see a successful launch. A rising tide lifts all ships.

4 Likes

Genesis 1:16

3 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not entirely sure they do. The author of the book I mentioned lamented hearing Richard Dawkins in an interview once. He was posed basically the same question you asked your professor. His answer to where life came from was ā€œIt was a happy, chemical accident.ā€ Then he apparently carried on as if he had adequately answered the question.

4 Likes

@JKL what part of SLS did you work on?

1 Like

@LorenDB, I worked risk analysis (off nominal risks during launch, orbital debris risks, quantified bird strike risks, etc.) and the certification of all of the critical design models. My work was a mix of building models to quantify risks that didnā€™t have a team already in place to address and running trade studies to gather assorted analyses from others to address concerns. Do you work in the space business? If so, what do you do?

5 Likes

Your job description reminds me of this old Dilbert cartoon. I bet youā€™ve already seen it.

10 Likes

No, Iā€™m not in the space industry, although it would be fun. I just was wondering if you got to work with the actual hardware.

2 Likes

Ha ha! Thatā€™s why I watched the launch for 2 hours to ensure everything worked through the translunar injection burn. I led the effort to quantify the risks for orbital debris strikes, which turned out to be the highest risk for the mission. And those estimates have very large uncertainties, so I was very happy to see everything work out. I have always had a strong affinity to Dilbert. :blush:

8 Likes

I get to see some hardware as quite a bit of testing occurs here in Huntsville. And I got to see a hypervelocity impact test at White Sands in New Mexico where we were quantifying the impact damage to high pressure tanks from orbital debris strikes. But for the most part Iā€™m either coding at a computer or herding cats (gathering inputs from other folksā€™ work).

7 Likes

Ah another Rocket Scientist @JKL . Dad worked with Von Braun, Bob Beaman and the crew in the sixties. I grew up with David Beaman who had some of the weight of the world on his shoulders during this launch with the propulsion systems. I was a rocket scientist on the Army side of things at Redstone. Made those sounds of freedom out there every day. I know you guys are smiling today. Itā€™s a BIG deal. Congratulations @JKL.

6 Likes

ā€œThe universe is all there is, all there ever was, and all there ever will beā€.
Dr. Carl Sagan

From Dr. Saganā€™s statement, we can reason that the universe had no beginning, and therefore no creator.

So, if we were to apply the law of entropy to a universe thatā€™s existed since eternity past, should not the universe have burned out eons ago? Does this provide support for the belief in a beginning and a creator?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Yes, it should have burnt out an eternity ago.

It has to.

6 Likes

Iā€™d have to believe that, at the very least, entropy would have caused the universe to be nothing but a giant mess by now. I donā€™t know how weā€™d see order as far as the (enhanced) human eye can see without a creator.

6 Likes

I was able to do some work with the very primitive Aukan people in the South American country of Suriname. My friend had lived there for about a decade, and it took him several years of living in the jungle with them before they would trust him. Finally, after he learned their language and gained their trust, he got a coveted audience with the chief/medicine man (one in the same). The chief asked him to talk and my friend didnā€™t know what to start with, so he just started at the beginning and recounted the creation story of Genesis 1 and 2. He nervously awaited his reply as the chief sat in silence thinking. Finally the chief said to him, ā€œI wondered who made it. Now I know.ā€

Romans 1:19-20 says: For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

16 Likes

One of the best arguments I ever heard came from Greg Bahnsenā€™s book Always Ready. He said (paraphrasing) without God you canā€™t believe in anything. Without an assumed absolute there can be no absolutes. If we know that we exist, then order and natural laws and logic exist, and then some absolute had to have started it. Nothing can be real without believing in a Creator. Itā€™s that simple. Order never came from disorder.

8 Likes

God
^
Truth presupposes
^
Knowledge presupposes
^
Evidence presupposes

6 Likes

I do not believe in the God/god vs godless debate. Devils also believe in one God (James 2:19) and you know where they will end up. Not much of a difference one way or the other!

I believe in the true gospel. Therein is the power of God. Todayā€™s churches are either lost or fake to have known the true gospel.

Bible translation Ben quote is an example of deception introduced by the fake church.

Iā€™ll quote from KJV and more and see how it vastly differs from the other version. And that the meaning is completely different!

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man

In the KJVā€™s context, just witnessing Godā€™s creation (visible things) is not knowing God, Experiencing/witnessing invisible Godā€™s power in some way or the other is what is knowing God. Because the invisible Godā€™s power and Godhead was not known until a certain point in time from the creation of the world. When God would choose him a people (children of Israel), he decided to show his power (the plagues, red sea splitting, mighty army drowning etc.) in order for them to witness it so that they could know him. And through them the rest of the world. But instead, his people went the way of the world and gave glory to the creations rather to their creator. They became wise fools!

He made known his power to the church through Jesus. But instead, the churches went the way of the world.

But God is long suffering, and he is providing chances. I showed some time ago, how God acts through his anointed when inflation scam was exposed. When savings for the rainy day is a wise thing according to the wisest man on the earth King Solomon, attempting to make such things foolish by inflation is now laid bare. This is the act of God for everyone to see. Pick pocketing, rip-off, elder abuse and what not are done by inflation, but church is weak and a mere spectator! Keep in mind, God standeth in congregation of the mighty (Psalm 82), and not at the weak! You canā€™t convict now a criminal without addressing inflation. Or else, I say it will be mockery of justice. God is catching people in their own game! (I do know Congress is trying to address issues kingdom is warning them about!)

Godā€™s power liberated his people. But today churches are under bondage.

So repent and believe the true gospel. Donā€™t say it is depressing! I do not want to sidetrack on this topic. So, jump on to the private thread (where todayā€™s church is exposed, where what is not a gospel is discussed, etc. and some of your here know!) to discuss/debate more, if interested. Private Bible Discussion - General chit chat - Forum - Banjo Ben Clark