Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Earl's Back!

14 Likes

Wow! That’s an impressive song list at 192 pages for only 29.99. I’m not a banjo player but I might get one for just because.

3 Likes

Looks like an interesting book for sure. Excited to see one when they come out

2 Likes

I love the Hal Leonard books but some of them are printed at microscopic font. Still, this looks like a must have addition to the banjo library.

2 Likes

Where can you purchase that book I would love to have one of them

2 Likes

Y’all read the part about Scruggs estate approving? That’s why there ain’t no Scruggs tunes 'round here…yet.

7 Likes

That’s a real bummer I was hoping you might invite Marteka Lake as a cabin guest this year @BanjoBen Marteka is such a great Scruggs Style player we could all learn a lot from her study of the style.

4 Likes

I can have her in the Cabin and we can talk styles but we’ll have to apply those styles to public domain tunes.

9 Likes

That would be brilliant !!!

2 Likes

Hey @Don_Smith it won’t be out till May, but I’m sure after that you can buy it online somewhere.

1 Like

Question along that line… @BanjoBen, why are most of the tunes in Earl’s book written in 2/4 instead of 4/4?

1 Like

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-earl-scruggs-banjo-songbook?utm_campaign=shopping_feed_us_en&utm_source=walmarthybrid&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjk3H3P2JazUOEftuG3fUDluDjdDGB_-74wKrBk-HQqoT-ANyONZVy4aAhkyEALw_wcB

I think this is a rip off, what do you guys think?

19 pages vs 192 pages…smells fishy

Could just be a mis-print…

Yeah I want the book but I dont think that’s it.

I’d wait till May

1 Like

Good idea

1 Like

I went down the rabbit hole to try out that link. Started to order, but they warned that it was an e-book and that you needed the “Kobo” reader to access it. Looked like the real thing, but I wasn’t willing to deal with yet another e-reader on my computer. So I backed out. Just some FYI.

5 Likes

yep, says e-book in the ad. Those do usually come earlier.

Totally understand the e-reader thing…I read a lot but won’t use kindle…I prefer actual books I can hold, to reading a screen.

5 Likes