Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Earl's Back!

Hey thanks, great information. I appreciate you doing that.

3 Likes

" they are published using the same tablature format as Earl Scruggs and the 5-String Banjo ."

Oh I hope not! I have the the 1968 version & the font is so small itā€™s very hard to read. Itā€™s no wonder so many banjo players say ā€œI got Earlā€™s book & stopped playing a short while later.ā€
It looks like this -

I hope the copyright police donā€™t come after me! Or Ben! Pull this post it it violates any kind of rule.

1 Like

Just ordered one canā€™t wait to get it! :grinning:

1 Like

Good luck! And keep us posted on how helpful it has been! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I hope this one is spiral bound.

2 Likes

I doubt it but that would be nice.

1 Like

Book came in the mail today. Looks like is going to be a good one! My only problem is figuring out what to learn first :smiley: If anyone has questions about it feel free to ask.

4 Likes

Is it spiral bound?

Is the print for the tabs big enough for old eyes to read?

Did it come with a vinyl instructional record?
Or did you get a web address where you could download the mp3?

3 Likes

Remember the plastic pages that you could pull out and put on the turntable? Awesome :smile:

6 Likes

I still have mine from Earlā€™s book.
I used to have one from Mad magazine called ā€œAlfred E. Neumann Vocalizes.ā€ It was a snappy rhythm bed with many belches.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey @BanJoe, compared to the tab you posted above this is 100 time better. The tab is slightly smaller than Benā€™s tab but the overall book is larger than a standard pice of printing paper. No sir itā€™s not spiral bound, but the way the tab is layed out in the book it wouldnā€™t really help you. Some of the songs are 3 or 4 pages so you will be flipping pages once or twice. I plan on printing out the tab I want to work on. This way the book stays nice, I can lay out the pages, and donā€™t have to do any turning. Sadly no vinyl :cry: they do state the sound source below each song though. You should be able to YouTube that, slow it down and play along. Hope this is helpful and on a side note LONG LIVE THE VINYL!!

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a little gift for you: Earlā€™s record from the book!

4 Likes