Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Dunlop Primetone Sculpted Plectras

That’s OK Bulldog,

As long as everyone’s happy, I’m happy. :stuck_out_tongue: Let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

Just tried the Wegan pick out and to be truthful I can’t tell a lot of difference between it and the Dunlop . I like the holes and I used to drill those other picks, but the Dunlop has a great surface grip . I will say the Wegan picks are a tad bit louder and brighter but not that much . good picks both of them. Thanks for all the nice picks to try out . I have enjoyed this post for sure . Keep playing as long as you have breath LOL/ I sincerely hope every one enjoyed their picks also .

I want to take a minute and thank you for the fine guitar pick welder. I used it for the first time today and so far so good I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks again!! As for the primetone, I am also fond of the .73 I think it will help me to adapt to the idea of moving on to an even thicker pick in the future.

When I buy them by the dozen they do not cost that much . I tend to give them away so I can buy more LOL. I was at the restaurant eating and they had a band just a group of older folks non paid playing and I gave each one of them a pick . I do like the 1mm but I am hearing some good sounds from the Wegan and the 1.4 teardrop pick the Dunlop for the poor man is only about 4 dollars for a dozen and they work real well . Never give up but keep at it some day you may be like Chet. just play the way you like and always put your self into the music it makes it more interesting.

Hey Welder glad you like the Wegen. It’s fun being able to swap picks around between members like this. I’ll probably get the Dunlop you sent this afternoon. Mail is slow and runs late in the day on this end.

Let me know when you get it if it goes to long I will send another one out .

Just tried the Primestone Sculpted 1.4 that Welder sent (thanks Ken) and I must say I really like it. I’m like J.W., I thought the 1.4mm would pull a darker tone than the 1.2 Wegen I’m use to but it actually is about the same or maybe even a tad brighter to my ear. I noticed a little more pick click than the Wegen or BlueChip but not enough for anybody but probably me to hear and certainly not enough to bother me. Nice bevel, very good grip, and I like the bigger triangle size shape. I’m finding for whatever reason that I’m favoring bigger picks now both for mandolin and guitar. So…I’d say this is definitely a good pick!

I used to favor the bigger triangle picks but have got so used to the tear drop shape I can use either one. Glad you like it and thanks for the Wegan it is brighter than the dunlop for sure but they are both great picks .