Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Drums

What snare brushes, snare drum, cajun drums, would you guys reccomend for a small band for backup, preferably something for a small budget. Thanks.

3 Likes

I have no idea, maybe something that does it all.
download

3 Likes

I have a slaptop cajon by meinl (turbo walnut) and I love it. I had a ā€œsit onā€ or traditional cajon that was ok, but when I played with a girl that had one of the slaptops, I immediately bought one and gave away my traditional one. It is that much better. At my church, they bought one like mine, but with electrical transducersā€¦ I would skip the electrics. That particular one doesnā€™t sound near as good acoustically. The electric sound was fine for cutting through a big group, but for a handful of instruments, the micā€™d acoustic sound was much better. It was not the cheapest unit, but it wasnā€™t too expensive. Iā€™d call Jake and see if he can get one for you.

5 Likes

Helpful thank you.

Butā€¦ thatā€™s what the mandolin is forā€¦ :cry: disgusted traditionalist sobbing

10 Likes

Disgusted beyond belief.

5 Likes

Now now now, this is for COUNTRY music, even @BanjoBen uses a snare on occasion!

4 Likes

ughhhh thatā€™s gross. Lawd have mercy on bluegrass music!

2 Likes

Oh. Whatā€™s that?

4 Likes

Its bluegrass dropouts

5 Likes

Iā€™d get pretty mad if someone beat on my mandolin

7 Likes

You know, my dad always told me givin up ainā€™t in my blood.

4 Likes

Especially if you have to go country :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Bluegrass played at a slower speed with drums, pedal steels, electric guitars and lots more ballads.

5 Likes

No no, as long as you stay away from the Kieth Urban, Dan and Shay, and the newer FGL style stuff youā€™ll be okay.

2 Likes

You have no idea how much you are right!

3 Likes

I definitely prefer country western over country pop

2 Likes

Ick!
ā€œNow Iā€™m readinā€™ street slang for dummies, cause they put pop in my country,
I want more for my money,
the way it was back then.ā€

1 Like

Oh cmon guys. Donā€™t you just love that song, ā€˜Just a Lil Bitā€™?
That new stuff almost drives me crazy. There is one very certain sound from the new stuff that i enjoy but the place that most artists are heading i donā€™t really like at all.

1 Like

Yeah there is a couple artists that have some good songs Iā€™ve even found some songs from artists I never would have guessed.

1 Like