Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Dragon Skin strings

Just curious of anyone has tried these coated strings made by DR. A friend of mine gave me a set of PB mediums the other day and I’ll probably give them a test run on one of my guitars soon.

I tried a set a year or so ago and couldn’t stand them. I literally took them back off within minutes. They felt so bad, I couldn’t make myself give 'em a chance. I don’t remember how they sounded, but I just couldn’t get over the feel. I can’t really describe it. You’ll just have to see for yourself.

You may like them and so may someone else. I don’t want to discourage others from trying something that may be good for them. I love trying different strings and picks and I’ll try about anything at least once. I was skeptical about the TR Monels. Everyone I talked to (at music stores that sold them), were negative about them, so of course that inspired me even more to try a set for myself! I’m glad I did, I think they’re great.

Put 'em on, see what you think. DR makes good strings, those just weren’t for me. What does your friend think of them?

Actually someone gave him a couple of sets and he passed one on to me. Neither of us have tried them yet. Sounds like DR gave them the right name if they feel that bad. I’m still going to try the TR monels soon.