Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Down loading lessons

I asked a question about not being able to download the lessons to my computer for future studying but was unable to get the darn thing to work. I noticed tonight on my phone BB responded with a reason stating it was not working now. I cannot find how he sent me the message so I thought i would look for his response in the Forum but cannot find it. Does anyone know how to locate a question and an answer?

@Frank_Saunders, are you sure you posted it in this forum??

Here’s how you search it on a computer. Click on the search (lens) icons and type the words to search OR you can click on options to narrow down the search further.

I am a newbie so not sure where I posted it yesterday but I thought it was in this forum.

When I go to the search box up top right corner it does not populate now? I will try it if it begins to work.

It may not show up sometimes but if you refresh (or reload) the page, you will probably find the search icon to click on to get the search box.

But I did a search and all I could find was only one other post from you which was about uploading video for feedback.

Does BB ever respond using a text message to a phone? I was on the line when the response popped up and when I finished the call that was when I could not find his response again. I checked everything I could to find it but my best efforts did not work that is why I thought perhaps he responded in here but I guess not. Oh well, I read that he was having issues with the download feature so it was not something new. I just downloaded Sailor’s Hornpipe back up mp3 files and it worked fine but that was only audio so video is what is not working I assume.
Thanks for your help.

I can only guess here, it could be a notification from BBC site, and not a personal message from him.

Again, what I can guess from what you say here is, it could be a bandwidth issue. Maybe your connection has bottlenecks that it is unable to download huge files like video as opposed to audio files.

You might want to google and find an “internet speed test”, preferably from your provider site, to find out your download speed.

Hi Frank to the best of my knowledge the best way to contact @BanjoBen is through the Forum You can message him direct or here in the Public Forum. If you highlight his name as I have in this message he will pick it up when he is available. I have never texted him. But I am guessing he is pretty busy and not able to get to you right away. That said, you can trust me when I say he will get back to you.

Frank as to downloading lessons, If my memory serves me there are some issues with this. I never download lessons. But @Mark_Rocka may be able to advise on this. If he doesn’t respond to this message send him a PM

I believe I responded on facebook? Feel free to give us a call at 833-226-5623, but as of now the lesson download feature is very buggy and I haven’t been able to guarantee it to work. There are too many factors of browser versions and security features that causes it to be a real pain. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Never mind the fact that most people use a Chromium based browser, so it’s all the same thing under the hood (WebKit (iOS, Safari) and Gecko (Firefox) being the main exceptions). From this programmer’s point of view, how hard can it be?

OK, it can be really hard. Just be glad IE is dead.

1 Like