Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Dogs & such

Jeff, they’re adorable! Are they from same litter?

2 Likes

The breed is very easy to work with and eager to please. They pick up on things very quickly. They are the 2nd smartest breed. So basically just told him stay :laughing: Really like the hawk on the Schnauzer

1 Like

It would seem we have something in common our dogs share the same name.

2 Likes

Here are a few photos of my dog, Biscuit. She’s quite the character…

4 Likes

That’s cool.
Actually, Bruce isn’t a schnauzer even though he has a schnauzer haircut. He’s a 1st gen Labradoodle. He’s also a service dog. My sister takes him into hospitals and nursing home/assisted livings to cheer people up, and they just love “the dog with the mowhawk”

1 Like

Biscuit looks like a sweetie. And a softie. What kind of dog is she?

3 Likes

We don’t really know, but if I had to guess she’s probably got Cavalier King Charles and possibly some beagle… She’s very sweet to people once she stops barking incessantly at them. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ahh ok sorry about the mix up I should have looked closer I see the F1 now. That’s quite a coincidence because Duke is a retired service dog of a very dear friend of mine who has passed. I did a lot of the in home training with Duke under the instruction of the trainer.

2 Likes

I was going to ask you if she was part King Charles

2 Likes

But yeah he is a very big ham :joy:

2 Likes

Ahhh yes! Let me introduce yall to “The Mouth of the South,” a.k.a. Roxie (the little one w the biggest mouth!) Sometimes she is calm, but usually she is barking or making grumbley noises :confounded:.

One Saturday morn, Banjoson foolishly decided to sleep in… I let the dogs out into their play yard and she decided “nope! No sleeping in” and proceeded to go on top of the heat pump (we’ve never seen her up there before) and bark at his window (which was cracked open) to get him up… :rofl:
It was effective as he’s the one who took the photo, :+1: go Roxie!

4 Likes

That’s awesome.
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

And no worries on the mix up, it’s all good🙃!

Seems the service dogs have an entirely different, (more mature?), demeanor than ‘regular’ dogs do.

1 Like

@Simone, yes they are brother and sister. They love to wrestle, but Daisy went into heat early, so now I’m back to being the watchful father—as you know we raised three daughters :grin:

2 Likes

@Lone_Wolf, yes I noticed that. Our sweet Bree (a poodle mix just shy of 16 years of age) passed away the beginning of October. The house was just so empty and my wife always liked the idea of having a Dudley and Daisy combination. Of course the “Mae” seems to flow naturally with the name Daisy.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your dog @JKL. I got Daisy when she was 4mo old and that’s what they had been calling her. I didn’t have a name picked out and it suited her so I decided to keep it. Idk if you know this but they also share it with someone else
https://images.app.goo.gl/D7o5DDwTMZ5oFvef8

2 Likes

I think It has a lot to do with all the early on training that they receive. They start them about 6mo usually. Even before then basic commands can be taught. I had my female sitting between 4-5 mo. Just something I’ve observed during my travels :grin:

1 Like

Sorry to hear of Bree’s passing. It’s true, pets keep that empty house feeling away.
Sure that those pups are keeping yall busy though!

2 Likes

Why Do Dogs Howl to Music? What Does It Mean When a Dog Howls?
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/lifestyle/why-do-dogs-howl-to-music/

Interesting read thought y’all might enjoy.

2 Likes

@Lone_Wolf, thanks for that link—it was a fun read. I grew up with a dog that loved to “sing” to certain TV theme songs. She started with the Marlboro cigarette theme song in their commercials, then added the Bonanza theme song. We thought she was into western music, but then she decided to sing to the Flintstones—she really loved that one. Good memories.

2 Likes

Otis isn’t doing real well.
Had surgery on is mouth for a growth a couple weeks ago, then day before yesterday he fell or something and injured his back.

He can’t feel or control his rear legs or urination.

At least he isn’t in pain. Just gets embarrassed when he wets & has to get cleaned up (about every hour or so).

Doc has him on steroids & gives him ~80% chance of recovery: said we should see signs of it in a week or so if he’s going to get better. Not exactly positive what’s wrong. Could find out for around $8K, but that’s not happening.

He is now officially ahead of my truck for costing me money :roll_eyes: This little contest can come to a halt anytime now…

3 Likes