Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Doc Watson has died

Man this guy was a great picker as you all know. A great loss to flatpickers and Bluegrass all around.
He will be missed.

Wow, the last news cast I heard, he was out of the woods. So sorry for the family and his many friends. He will be missed.

Another picker gone to play for Jesus.

First Earl, now Doc…RIP guys. I was fortunate to see Doc in a small venue concert back in the day before Merle passed away. He will be sorely missed. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

Doc was my first and greatest musical hero. I was thrilled to meet and pick with him at Mole lake festival back stage about 20 years ago… 'nuff said…

I also had the privilege of seeing Doc play a few times at the WVfest. A unique man.
jim

He will be missed …seeing and hearing him play was probably the greatest inspiration to me trying desperately to learn how to flatpick …I got the message from an old guitar playing friend in Dayton, OH last night ,a simple text that read" Doc Watson is with Jesus now…" …brought a tear to my eye ,thanks Doc for the fine picker and even finer man you were …God Bless You …

RIP