Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Jamming in G

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/jamming-in-g-mandolin-beginner

Let’s get YOU jamming NOW! I’ll use the G major scale to get you pickin’ along with me in a hurry!

9 Likes

Hey mandolin pickers, I think this is one of my best mandolin lessons ever. You should set aside 30 minutes and jam with me ASAP!

7 Likes

Hey Ben,
I’d love to see a Hazel and Alice lesson, I’m a huge fan of theirs and all their stuff would sound great on mando.

1 Like

This is a great lesson. Thank you!

2 Likes

I fully agree Ben. I thoroughly enjoyed this lesson and I like the fact I can keep the backing tracks for future practice.

1 Like

Hope you do more Jamming type video’s. Loved this one.

1 Like

Hi

Please can u do this lesson for banjo?

Thanks

2 Likes

What an incredible lesson.!!! Thanks Banjo Ben.

1 Like

I agree, the only improvisation or jamming videos available for Banjo seem to be lick substitution. It would be great to do some scale based improv, single string, melodic, chord shaped I think that would be one of your most popular videos.

1 Like

Yeah. What u said. Lol :sunglasses:

1 Like

I literally was coming here to type “this is possibly the best lesson so far” when I saw Ben’s first post. This was harder than I thought it would be. Are you planning on making some of these backing tracks for other keys? Great way to learn the major scales! Thanks!

3 Likes

Very helpful lesson Ben. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, I plan to do all the common keys using their scale and create backing tracks, thanks!

2 Likes

What a great lesson Ben. I listen on the way to work. This is just great for me… because I have had difficulty finding people to be able to jam with… but now, I don’t.

I really cannot wait to dig in and experiment with this fundamental lesson - and the others to follow!

Just another GREAT concept - this jam series.For those of us who cannot find jam partners - for whatever reason… this is so an empowering alternative! Thank you Ben!

2 Likes

This is such a great lesson! I’ve been having a lot of fun with it and am learning lots! I would love to see more jamming type lessons.

1 Like

You need to name the tune. How bout BBen_Breakdown. :grinning:

I like the video. Sometimes I want to run before I have perfected my walking. This video helps with timing, jamming and listening for the upcoming chord change. Perfect for me.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hey Ben do you want us to hit the G note on the G chord change, on the second measure did you still want the G note or I’m guessing the 3 or 5 th notes of the G chord would work to, as well on the C change and D chords?

1 Like

Great lesson - thank you! I always play tabs without really focusing on the individual notes I was playing. This is a great way to learn where the notes are and how to put them all together.

2 Likes

Welcome @petetreault,

Nice to see you post here on the Forum.

Thank you @Katie_Rose!